Author Topic: jetting questions  (Read 2185 times)

Baja Rick

• View Profile
jetting questions
« on: August 09, 2010, 06:38:58 AM »
I have a stock 32 mm Klien carb. I'm not sure of the jet size yet, but here is my question.
 WIth the needle's e clip set at the top notch I'm running lean though the mid range ( the nasty 1300's)but when I move the clip down to the next notch. It loads up real bad. (1000 to 1150 ish but not any higher)Do I need to go the next smaller jet or what?
I'm running an EGT on a stock pipe so I'm just a little closer the jug than I should be too.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: jetting questions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 05:13:36 AM »
Quote from: "Baja Rick"
I have a stock 32 mm Klien carb. I'm not sure of the jet size yet, but here is my question.
 WIth the needle's e clip set at the top notch I'm running lean though the mid range ( the nasty 1300's)but when I move the clip down to the next notch. It loads up real bad. (1000 to 1150 ish but not any higher)Do I need to go the next smaller jet or what?
I'm running an EGT on a stock pipe so I'm just a little closer the jug than I should be too.

First thing I would suggest is making sure you don't have any air leaks....If it's loading up,it should never see 1150....

Baja Rick

• View Profile
jetting questions
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 06:00:23 AM »
Seals are all good. even a psi check was good.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
jetting questions
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 01:24:14 PM »
Have you done a mid range plug chop just to verify it is running lean? I had a digitron once that would actually reach 1400 every once in a while,but the engine wasn't lean...The plugs showed all was good so I run it for a while and never had any problems...The digitron was not giving an accurate reading...If the plug chop shows it's good,then use that reading as a baseline to let you know when something does go wrong...They are notorious for giving false readings due to the fact that there are so many variables such as probe placement etc.

Baja Rick

• View Profile
jetting questions
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 07:13:34 AM »
I'm having trouble with a rich condition. At about 8 on the count to 10 it starts to clean out
I'm not a guru on two strokes but I'm pretty good with four stroke stuff.
It just sputters and bogs down any where around the middle.
 I'm going to try the next smaller jet. Just to see what it does.

I'm going to look over it tonight provided it's under 100* tonight.
 Cold weather can't get here soon enough. I know  this will screw everything else up with the jetting.  
Why is the jet such a pain to get too?

Sorry to be so cranky. I haven't had my second cup of java yet

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
jetting questions
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 12:59:48 PM »
Quote from: "Baja Rick"
I'm having trouble with a rich condition. At about 8 on the count to 10 it starts to clean out
I'm not a guru on two strokes but I'm pretty good with four stroke stuff.
It just sputters and bogs down any where around the middle.
 I'm going to try the next smaller jet. Just to see what it does.

I'm going to look over it tonight provided it's under 100* tonight.
 Cold weather can't get here soon enough. I know  this will screw everything else up with the jetting.  
Why is the jet such a pain to get too?

Sorry to be so cranky. I haven't had my second cup of java yet

My suggestion in my previous post is to raise the clip until it runs good and do a mid range plug chop to see if the plug says you are running lean in that position...Don't trust the digitron reading.....

Baja Rick

• View Profile
jetting questions
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:31:35 PM »
Ok, I see now.  Sorry, I wasn't following you.  Will give it a try