Author Topic: pilot  (Read 1577 times)

girth first

• View Profile
pilot
« on: January 25, 2010, 08:42:45 PM »
Had a problem with my pilot today, whil i was riding it i took a small jump and after landing and rolling about 30 feet it made a sound like "blah" as if not getn any spark. after it wouldn't start until i turned the key to off and then back on would the starter even engauge after it did start it made that sound again and died.did the on off trick again and it stayed running long enough to put it away. i read in a post quite awhile back that had this type of problem i cant find it in the archives. its also noteable that the belt broke on the last ride with this and got wadded up under the belt guard near the harness bu to the naked eye i dont see any wire problems. Any ideas where to start in tryn to fix this hickup. compression was 174psi

girth first

• View Profile
pilot
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 09:34:45 AM »
i rode it for about a half hour today with no problems. Could this anomaley
in the cdi? any thoughts

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
pilot
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 11:38:46 AM »
If it's cold where you are, it could be icing in the carb.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
pilot
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 02:17:20 PM »
That sounds suspiciously like a grounding wire that's either come undone or has broken and is making intermittent contact.

If there was a belt poofkaboom, I'd look at the harness anywhere near that happening.

The electrical line that runs along the frame in front of the primary clutch would be what I'd look at first.  Check the insulation and see if it looks like it's been violated in any manner.

Also check the ground leads off the CDI and the regulator and make sure they're still a) grounded and 2) not damaged or broken inside the insulation.

If the copper wire's toast inside the insulation, the wire will bend more easily at the point of badness.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Adnoh

• View Profile
pilot
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 12:04:47 PM »
Any updates ?
I take it this is on you LT front 500 ?
Is you fuel valve shut off  or filter clogged.
Is the fuel shut of at off,on or reserve.
 Fuel light on dash lit with fuel shut off in the ON osition.
Hows the return into the tank look at idol. No gas , little or what.
 Put an inductive pick up timming light on the plug wire to see if its fuel or spark.  
The light will tell you as it boggs at high idol if its fuel or spark.
Old fuel or new.
Fresh plug or old.
Air filter clean.