Author Topic: fl350 vs fl400  (Read 6188 times)

9secondhemicuda

• View Profile
fl350 vs fl400
« on: December 06, 2009, 10:08:53 PM »
Just a short quick question.   I have a pilot fl400 and I need a second guy to go with me riding but cannot afford a second Pilot so I was thinking of gettign a fl350  if i do can the 350 keep up with my pilot assuming we are equal riders or will it maybe be faster than me?? Oh yea one more question is it as reliable  and can it go as far as the pilot or does it need to cool off for a while?  thanks guys

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
fl vs fl
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 05:32:44 AM »
The 350 is very compatible performance wise with the pilot...The suspension isn't quite as good,and they do need some cool down time if you are riding too slow for air to do it's job,but it should keep up fine...
Hoodlum

9secondhemicuda

• View Profile
Re: fl vs fl
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 05:19:12 PM »
Quote from: "Hoodlum"
The 350 is very compatible performance wise with the pilot...The suspension isn't quite as good,and they do need some cool down time if you are riding too slow for air to do it's job,but it should keep up fine...
Hoodlum

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question . I appreciate your answer. DAn

atvnut

• View Profile
fl350 vs fl400
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 03:54:04 AM »
having owned both my only suggestion is ya bite the bullet and buy a water cooled head for the FL350 the dependability goes up ten fold then
Thank you
"The Nut"

turbotexas

• View Profile
fl350 vs fl400
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 08:51:58 PM »
in the long run you will spend alot of money on upgrading the ODY to be comparable to the pilot...
Works shocks will be the first... All the speed in the world is useless if you can't keep the wheels on the ground...
Then your axles might need to be replaced...
Then there will be the motor! Yes you will want a water cooled head! and a water jacket too if you can! I have a water cooled head and also ran a fan on the jug too!!!
Sooo you can start out with a cheap investment to get you started and work on it often, or just get a pilot that is in god shape and ride!