Author Topic: disc brakes, seat & shocks 89 pilot WHERE TO BUY THEM?  (Read 3293 times)

9secondhemicuda

• View Profile
disc brakes, seat & shocks 89 pilot WHERE TO BUY THEM?
« on: November 29, 2009, 07:08:46 PM »
Hello, new to this site  just bought a 89 Pilot for the seCond time in my life so now I want to keep it pretty stock and dependable but add a few upgrades too. Anyone know where to buy nice seat, front disc brakes AND some good front shocks. thaNks for any help.
Sincerely Dan

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: disc brakes, seat & shocks 89 pilot WHERE TO BUY THEM?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 08:07:49 PM »
Quote from: "9secondhemicuda"
Hello, new to this site  just bought a 89 Pilot for the seCond time in my life so now I want to keep it pretty stock and dependable but add a few upgrades too. Anyone know where to buy nice seat, front disc brakes AND some good front shocks. thaNks for any help.
Sincerely Dan

As for the seat,there are several options...Economically speaking,the best value is the kirky aluminum racing seats,and they go up from there...I am useing a racecraft seat,and have been very happy with it...
As for the disc brakes,I guess I need to ask why? The stock brakes are fine,it's just the old lines that take away the brakeing power...Invest your money in some good braided lines,and your front brakes will be more than adequate...
For the shocks,there are a couple of different options,but the most popular are works shocks...There are a couple of different vendors that carry them...Aftershock Motorsports as well as pilotodysseyperformance can fix you up with shocks as well as brake lines...Steve at Aftershock has done lots of testing and tuning on works shocks and can offer some good advice as what to get.....The set up depends on your weight as well as the type of terrain you are riding on....
Hoodlum

9secondhemicuda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 09:01:36 PM »
Quote from: "Hoodlum"
Sincerely Dan

As for the seat,there are several options...Economically speaking,the best value is the kirky aluminum racing seats,and they go up from there...I am useing a racecraft seat,and have been very happy with it...
As for the disc brakes,I guess I need to ask why? The stock brakes are fine,it's just the old lines that take away the brakeing power...Invest your money in some good braided lines,and your front brakes will be more than adequate...
For the shocks,there are a couple of different options,but the most popular are works shocks...There are a couple of different vendors that carry them...Aftershock Motorsports as well as pilotodysseyperformance can fix you up with shocks as well as brake lines...Steve at Aftershock has done lots of testing and tuning on works shocks and can offer some good advice as what to get.....The set up depends on your weight as well as the type of terrain you are riding on....
Hoodlum

Thank you sir for your time and great info!  Did not know the brake lines could effect brake function except for leaks.... learning something everyday. I wil look into your referals for shocks and seat. One moe question if I may the BEST drive belt for the fl400 is???????????

Thanks again dan

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 04:55:09 AM »
Quote from: "Hoodlum"
Sincerely Dan

Hoodlum

Thank you sir for your time and great info!  Did not know the brake lines could effect brake function except for leaks.... learning something everyday. I wil look into your referals for shocks and seat. One moe question if I may the BEST drive belt for the fl400 is???????????

Thanks again dan

http://store.4x4tuff.com/po14.html

betel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 12:20:50 PM »
"...Steve at Aftershock has done lots of testing and tuning on works shocks and can offer some good advice as what to get.....The set up depends on your weight as well as the type of terrain you are riding on.... "

You really think so Randy!  Maybe I was an unwitting test subject.  Wish my Pilot didn't ride like an unloaded delivery truck.

Adnoh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 12:25:40 PM »
What you saying your shock set up too stiff. More info please. One can change springs, transition spacer ect.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Shocks
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 12:40:33 PM »
Quote from: "betel"
"...Steve at Aftershock has done lots of testing and tuning on works shocks and can offer some good advice as what to get.....The set up depends on your weight as well as the type of terrain you are riding on.... "

You really think so Randy!  Maybe I was an unwitting test subject.  Wish my Pilot didn't ride like an unloaded delivery truck.

I think that there is something going on with yours that is not common...I know both sets I have gotten from him work really well...

Adnoh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »
You guys live close to each other for shock swap. If you live close to Nashville or Memphis I will be there around christmas if you would like me to bring up a set to try. I take it you have stock travle pilot with works.

betel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 01:19:25 PM »
In all fairness to Steve, it may not have anything to do with him since the products do not pass through him but rather are shipped directly to the customer from Works to his specifications.  I would hope he has abandoned drop shipping from Works.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
works
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 01:56:24 PM »
Quote from: "betel"
In all fairness to Steve, it may not have anything to do with him since the products do not pass through him but rather are shipped directly to the customer from Works to his specifications.  I would hope he has abandoned drop shipping from Works.

Even with that happening,I doubt he checks the valving on his stock...It is still left to whatever works sends him....

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
shocks
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 01:58:24 PM »
Quote from: "adnoh"
You guys live close to each other for shock swap. If you live close to Nashville or Memphis I will be there around christmas if you would like me to bring up a set to try. I take it you have stock travle pilot with works.

I actually live half way between Nashville and Memphis...We should hook up!!! I would like to have your opinion on this much discussed long travel....
Hoodlum

Adnoh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 06:43:33 PM »
Sound good,I would enjoy looking over your pilot. It's a very nice looking ride. I will let you know our travle plans when the set. We will heading down 40 from Nashville the Memphis.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 10:49:35 PM »
This guys sells a sweet bolt on front disc brake kit.

http://www.pilotodysseyperformance.com/