Author Topic: Re-upholstering Seats  (Read 1320 times)

dtanaka

• View Profile
Re-upholstering Seats
« on: November 25, 2009, 07:22:06 AM »
Hello again,

Essentially, I have a backrest and seat that have no upholstery or batting.  The lower seat pan is in good shape but only has springs.  I've ordered up a seat cover from E-bay, but really don't know the best way to reconstruct these.  

Has anybody redone their seats?

Thank you!

cupcake

• View Profile
Re-upholstering Seats
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 09:15:21 AM »
Yes I have dedonea few. If the back is not to bad just put on new cover, carefull not to break off the hooks when bending them. If the foam is bad you will need some foam and spray glue like 77 or 90. Just cut pieces thatfit the missing sections and glue new in. The shape the surface like original. You say the bottom is missing all together. Its really just a rectangle of foam with a cut out on the bottom. Pretty easy to make. Last one I made was from an old airline cushion. I would also place a piece of canvas or burlap between the springs and foam as it helps the foam not wear on the springs. The lower seat cover install with a rubber cord jammed into the groove to hold the cover inplace. You can also use rope of a size that will hold. Hope this helps and makes sense