Author Topic: e brake  (Read 1323 times)

girth first

• View Profile
e brake
« on: April 11, 2009, 09:36:43 PM »
im buying my first pilot with most of the bells and whistles but the e brake isnt workn but the other brakes are any ideas. how hard would it be to fix. any wisdom from the group is welcomed

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: e brake
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 06:48:45 AM »
Quote from: "girth first"
im buying my first pilot with most of the bells and whistles but the e brake isnt workn but the other brakes are any ideas. how hard would it be to fix. any wisdom from the group is welcomed

What's not working? Is the cable froze up or will the handle move, just not engage?
Hoodlum

girth first

• View Profile
ebrake
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »
not sure yet im having it shipped my way. the gal who is selln it isn't mechanicaly inclined. i will know more when i get it. What she did know was it has the cr 500 upgrade along with a front long travel suspension, after market pipe, airbox mods, rims and tires for trail and sand riding and custom skid plates. All this mod should push this little fat kid to the limits of his blood pressure meds. More to come when i get the machine.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ebrake
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 02:18:06 PM »
Quote from: "girth first"
not sure yet im having it shipped my way. the gal who is selln it isn't mechanicaly inclined. i will know more when i get it. What she did know was it has the cr 500 upgrade along with a front long travel suspension, after market pipe, airbox mods, rims and tires for trail and sand riding and custom skid plates. All this mod should push this little fat kid to the limits of his blood pressure meds. More to come when i get the machine.

Could be anything from a bad cable to just needing adjusting...I will tell you that I haven't had much luck keeping one adjusted...It seems you can get it adjusted properly, but if you use a lot of brake, it isn't long until it needs it again....
Hoodlum