Author Topic: FL350 Fuel problem  (Read 1534 times)

asmbandits

• View Profile
FL350 Fuel problem
« on: March 03, 2009, 04:36:02 PM »
Hello all, me and a good friend of mine have been working on a FL350 he got from another friend that has been sittin in storage for over 15 years. It is actually in great like new shape, they fried the piston back when it was new and never touched it.. anyways we did the top end and got installed a new dg pipe as well, other than that its all stock, and everything is like new really..

when we first got this thing to fire over we had to first adjust the float spring in the carb because for some reason the valve didnt open and it wasnt getting fuel to the bowl.. keep in mind we cleaned the carb before we put it back together though it was in great shape to begin with..

it fired, ran great.. went through a complete break in and still runs great, problem is though on the last run of the break in it started and when he went to go it died like its out of fuel, let it sit for 30 sec and it fires right back up, run perfect for 10 sec then die over and over.. it seems to me the carb gets full of fuel then burns off and dies..

does this sound fimiliar to anyone? im thinking the fuel pump is bad mabey.. just wondering if anyone had any input..

PilotHawK

• View Profile
FL350 Fuel problem
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 04:43:23 PM »
a fe things to check:
fuel filter
sticky float
bad fuel pump
Or what I am guessing is the problem....make sure the gas tank is able to vent. If the tank can't vent the fuel pump isn't strong enough to pull against the vacuum. Remove the fuel tank cap and try again. See if the problem persists. If that clears it up then you'll have to remove the gasket on the bottom of the cap and clean all the rust that has accumulated under the cap so the tank can "breathe"