Author Topic: aftermarket fuel pump  (Read 1221 times)

girth first

• View Profile
aftermarket fuel pump
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:49:36 PM »
does anyone know if the mukuni aftermarket fuel pump with the suction/ vacuum at a 90 degree from the inlet and outlet needs to be mounted with the vacuum side facing up. i have it mounted now were the stock one was mounted and it seems to be getn fuel starved. it wasn.t before when i had the stock one. i changed it as a preventitive measure. it didn't have this problem before. did i get a lemon pump. any help would be great thanks in advance i see from other postings you folks here know your oddys

girth first

• View Profile
fuel pump mukuni
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 07:05:35 PM »
the one im talkn about is the one on e bay for $26.00  i don't know if should be mounted vertically or horizontally

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: aftermarket fuel pump
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 09:16:47 PM »
Quote from: "girth first"
does anyone know if the mukuni aftermarket fuel pump with the suction/ vacuum at a 90 degree from the inlet and outlet needs to be mounted with the vacuum side facing up. i have it mounted now were the stock one was mounted and it seems to be getn fuel starved. it wasn.t before when i had the stock one. i changed it as a preventitive measure. it didn't have this problem before. did i get a lemon pump. any help would be great thanks in advance i see from other postings you folks here know your oddys

Shouldn't make a difference how it's mounted..The manual should give you the amount of fuel the pump should put out, and how to check it...I would guess it's a bad pump, or the fuel filter is clogged...I would try the old pump again and see what happens...
Hoodlum