Author Topic: Gravity Feed Fuel Cells  (Read 1266 times)

Gappy92083

• View Profile
Gravity Feed Fuel Cells
« on: February 24, 2009, 02:52:41 PM »
So I bailed on the original gas tank and ended up placing an old gas tank on a welded cross member on the roll cage. Now I want to remove the old tank and place a ammo box for tools and tow ropes and such. the gravity feed tank works great and I avoid the repeated failure of the fuel pump. But I would like to know if anybody knows about the breather for the carb, The one I have just had a UNI filter right over the carb not attached to the original breather. Is this set up ok or should I consider hooking up the original breather?

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Gravity Feed Fuel Cells
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 04:06:55 PM »
Quote from: "Gappy92083"
So I bailed on the original gas tank and ended up placing an old gas tank on a welded cross member on the roll cage. Now I want to remove the old tank and place a ammo box for tools and tow ropes and such. the gravity feed tank works great and I avoid the repeated failure of the fuel pump. But I would like to know if anybody knows about the breather for the carb, The one I have just had a UNI filter right over the carb not attached to the original breather. Is this set up ok or should I consider hooking up the original breather?

There are a few threads out there about air boxes and their purpose...IMO,a filter on a carb is the optimal set up for running wide open,but that's not where we always run,so it could cause it to be less than optimal in some instances...There is resonance and other factors in 2 stroke performance that has to be thought about....Do a search on air boxes and other related terms and see what you come up with...I remember a few detailed post concerning that very thing...
Hoodlum