Author Topic: new owner  (Read 1037 times)

tracksusa

• View Profile
new owner
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:37:27 AM »
I just bought a 350 fl  I found  a plug on the  the back side but no dipstick. I found a plug behind the seat but was told that it was the transmission. need help on anything what deals with the oil/ fluid qty. also heard about  somthing  about  overfilling are under filling on the dipstick.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: new owner
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 03:39:25 PM »
Quote from: "tracksusa"
I just bought a 350 fl  I found  a plug on the  the back side but no dipstick. I found a plug behind the seat but was told that it was the transmission. need help on anything what deals with the oil/ fluid qty. also heard about  somthing  about  overfilling are under filling on the dipstick.

The plug behind the seat with the dipstick on it is for the balancer....Use 10w40 good quality oil and fill it to the lower mark on the dipstick...This helps keep oil from migrating to your starter.....
The plug on the gear box is just a fill hole....There is a oil level bolt on the right side of the tranny...Take it out and fill the tranny up until oil comes out the hole....Use the same oil in it as you do the balancer, and you are set to go....
Hoodlum

Weed

• View Profile
new owner
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 06:01:25 PM »
Ditto on Hoodlum's responce......