Author Topic: Snapped drive belt...  (Read 1402 times)

breezer

• View Profile
Snapped drive belt...
« on: February 07, 2009, 01:11:04 PM »
Well, I was out enjoying the ONCE IN 18 YEARS snowfall here in the UK, when my drivebelt snapped.

To add insult to injury, it then chainsawed the electrics that run across the rear of the chassis. :(

Please can someone advise of somewhere in the UK where I can get this belt replaced: is there a stronger one?  Also, is it a difficult job to replace?

Thank,

One upset Pilot fan. :(

sdriley

• View Profile
Snapped drive belt...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 10:29:22 PM »
There's lots of belts out there but i have ridden mine in the snow and the amount of slipping shredded the belts. Maybe increase the guarding around the belt to keep the snow out

breezer

• View Profile
Pics of damage...
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 08:46:38 AM »
Guys, I've just managed to get back o the countryside this weekend, so here are pics of the damage to the wiring.  It starts and runs but i's running hot so I think that these wires must relate to the fan? Could someone please confirm?

If anyone knows where this wire should go, please let me know! I can only find one loose end, which is annoying.

Thanks for the help. :)

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Snapped drive belt...
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 04:46:25 AM »
The one on your index finger of your left hand is the brake light switch. I'm not sure about the other one. The fan wiring runs along the bar that goes across the engine compartment of the buggy. It is possible that the belt could have gotten the fan switch, but unlikely, especially if you were in forward gear when the belt snapped

Adnoh

• View Profile
Snapped drive belt...
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 10:14:25 AM »
It may be the reverse light wiring. ( 2- wires) black and green or netural/reverse switches ( 2- wires ) light green/red and green. If netural /reverse if wire are cut you should not get indacator light on dash.