Author Topic: Durhamtown  (Read 3152 times)

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Durhamtown
« on: October 31, 2008, 05:17:52 AM »
Planning a trip to Durhamtown first weekend in Dec. if anyone's interested....Let me know since reservations need to be made......
Hoodlum

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Durhamtown
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 09:24:37 PM »
What are the exact dates planned? I am gonna make it, but I won't have the pilot with me, only the XR. Lets just hope we don't get a ton of rain, Georgia clay is slicker than owl snot when its wet!

Time for anyone planning on going to put your name on the list.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DP
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 04:35:53 AM »
Quote from: "PilotHawK"
What are the exact dates planned? I am gonna make it, but I won't have the pilot with me, only the XR. Lets just hope we don't get a ton of rain, Georgia clay is slicker than owl not when its wet!

Time for anyone planning on going to put your name on the list.

The first night is the first Thursday in Dec....I believe it's the 4th,and leaving on that following Sunday....So far we have Hoodlum,Rocketman,Betel,Throttle and Pilothawk.....Maybe Vrroom and Buck,and hopefully Matthew as well....
Glad you're gonna make it!!!!  See you there!!!
Heard any more from Mr. Briggs?
Hoodlum

betel

• View Profile
Durhamtown
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 12:39:16 PM »
So Luke is coming after all.

Buck has a family reunion to attend in Chas that weekend so he won't be he won't make DP.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Durhamtown
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 06:38:29 PM »
I just heard from the yankee minority. They will have a couple representatives at the ride :) Not sure if they will bring anything other than bikes though.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Minority
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 05:32:20 AM »
Quote from: "PilotHawK"
I just heard from the yankee minority. They will have a couple representatives at the ride :) Not sure if they will bring anything other than bikes though.

That's great!!! More the better....Even though they are from above the Mason/Dixon........Putting on new brake pads this weekend...That is all I have left to do....Keep everything else together in one spot....Grab it, load it, and hit the road!!!!!
Hoodlum

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DP
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 04:51:58 AM »
Weather looks great!!!! Slight chance of showers on Thurrsday,just enough to settle the dust,then sunny and highs in the mid 50's for the rest of the weekend....
See you guys there!!!!
Hoodlum

betel

• View Profile
Durhamtown
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 02:19:02 PM »
Its been nasty in East Tennessee all day.  I've never seen so much snow without accumulation in my life.  I hope it's not like this at DP.

Ozpilot

• View Profile
Durhamtown
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 06:00:52 PM »
We're having perfect weather here - but I wish I was heading where you guys are heading!!!  

Have a great time!

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Durhamtown
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 05:28:23 AM »
Add a total of 5 from the miserable state of Ohio.

I just saw the weather for Thursday, and I sure hope the rain is light and doesn't stick around. There's nothing worse than slick clay on 2 wheels!

I haven't even begun to pack, and I hope I can get the bike to start without too much trouble....the last time I started it was June, or July....Maybe it is time for a ride!

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Durhamtown
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 10:49:04 AM »
What a great ride!

I got to see a lot of old friends again and I had a great time getting to talk and ride with them again. I've been out of the loop for too long. The weather was much better/warmer in Georgia than it was here in Tennessee so if nothing else the weather was enough to enjoy about the trip. Friday morning was cold, but by midday the temp was in the mid to upper 50's, the trails were slick in spots, but the majority were clear, and dust free. and the riding was great. Saturday was not as sunny, and a little cooler, but the trail were still good. I was having a great time until the shift shaft on my bike broke. I was able to get the bike into 3rd gear and finish the loop I was on without too much difficulty. But after that I was content to bench race with Throttle and help him get his pilot sorted out.

Great friends, great trails, and great food.....it doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks Hoodlum for the invitation, I'm glad I made it!

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Durhamtown
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 02:06:53 PM »
Any picts or Video ?

Helmet Cam ?

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Durhamtown
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 05:37:27 PM »
I didn't even bring a camera. I think Hoodlum took a few, maybe he will post them. I don't think he got any out on the trail, just a few around camp.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Durhamtown
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 04:55:24 AM »
What a blast!!!! Had a great time and looking forward to the next trip already....I did get a few pics I will get posted later, but no helmet cam footage this time...
The trails were FAST for the most part....One of the few rides I have been on there when dust wasn't a factor.....
As always,good to be around good friends that I see every couple of months,and some I don't see as often.....It was great to have you there Chris, and hope to see you more in the future....We just need to start planning our rides around your work schedule....
I do have an engine issue, but haven't broken it down yet to see what the problem is.....It started making a wierd noise late Saturday evening,and I shut it off....Feels like something in the case or the flywheel area come loose...I will post pics and progress as I get it apart.....
Hoodlum