Author Topic: Mrs. Adnoh's new motor  (Read 9173 times)

Weed

• View Profile
pilot work
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 01:08:52 PM »
With those latex gloves......you make me think of a mad scientist working on his next creation.......

If it is OK I would love to come over and see your set up....and I might bring you some work.....if you don't mind.  And I want to see the RZR.

PM me or email at [email protected]  

Weed...

Adnoh

• View Profile
Mrs. Adnoh's new motor
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 06:49:42 PM »
Did a little work on the exhaust port and manafold today.

Opening at EX manafold on jug               
      X= 90 degrees from vertical         Y= vertical
      X           Y  
   New cylinder   44.83         43.10
   Modified   46.22         45.99

X         Y
   Ex manafold   44.94         44.74
   Modified jug end   46.25         44.75
   Modified pipe end   45.14         45.19

Exhaust port               
      mm         
   Raised   2.14         
   Widened   0.29

Adnoh

• View Profile
Mrs. Adnoh's new motor
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 07:00:10 PM »
Hey Weed thanks for your vote of confadance but its not running yet. I've seen your ride I think I should be bringing you the work. The silver bullet looks great and I bet run just as well. I ment to take glove off for pics. If turbo seen them he would for sure let me here it. Once her ride is done I will be shopping for some shocks for the rzr. Do you sell tires and rims for the razor looking at dune stars with +2 offsets. It has a real bad push in the sand. The fronts are way too stiff. The shocks do work well at speed just need a dune valving for the chop and turning. A set of dual or triples infront would make a big diff and dual in rear with comp adjust.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Mrs. Adnoh's new motor
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2008, 07:25:01 PM »
Great looking work! I've definitely seen more aggressive porting on the exhaust port, but what you've got looks reasonable. I can't wait to see the rest of your work on the cylinder. I have a couple other cylinder maps I'd like to compare to yours. Is there any way you can post a scan of your finished port work? Also what are you using for your porting tools....like everything else these days tools ain't cheap!

Weed

• View Profile
Mrs. Adnoh's new motor
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »
Adnoh,

Yep...I can get it all.  Just make me a list of what you will want and I will look it up.

Weed...

Adnoh

• View Profile
Mrs. Adnoh's new motor
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 10:25:59 PM »
Sorry for the miss information on exhaust port. These were clean up measurements.  I use them to admind base line readings for map. The maping will be posted after rework of TDC measurment. I was informend that the way I did it may be incorrect. I orederd a $10.00 tool to check. I will compare it to my way to be sure.  I also forgot to post before pics that go with measurments. Thanks for keeping me in check. I'll try again. Remember I just hacker no pro. I will take pics of porting tools when I get back to the garage. I will be pulling 12 's all week so look for them around this weekend I if I do not afto go to Arkansas. I was hopeing some would notice the shadow line in pics of rework. As ask why they look that way. Compare them to the new cylinder pics. I was experminting with pressure zones and the effects it may have on cylinder stuffing. It's only theroy since I have no way to prove it. I will attempt to con my neighbor into putting it on his flow bench and compare to her other cylinder and  big bore I have. The theroy kinda back yard hacker type so not real reliable. It,s based on low pressure resadence and the way the high pressure flows around low pressure speeding up flow.  Thank about how a v-force work better than stock with reeds. The fonolick material resistate heat thus allowing a thermal barrier between the reed block and carb. A cooler intake charge leads to better flow. The stock block allows more heat transfer to the carb and effects intake charge strenght. Sorry didn't mean to get off topic.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Mrs. Adnoh's new motor
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 11:26:09 AM »
Talk about a significant mismatch! Whether or not you are a backyard hack your work looks good. You are sticking to the important stuff...like keeping you stuff clean and organized. Whatever power you end up getting out of this cylinder I'm sure Mrs. Adnoh will be happy with it!