Author Topic: New Stadium Lite Track in South West Ohio  (Read 1146 times)

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
New Stadium Lite Track in South West Ohio
« on: January 09, 2008, 08:40:29 AM »
It's official - I'll be building a Stadium Lite track about an hour east of Cincinnati.  The motocross park is called New Vienna - here's the old owner's web page

The track will be located on roughly 7 acres - sort of(?) kidney bean shaped - section four in the pic below.  This is an OLD picture - most of the tracks are gone now.

I hope to head out to the land this weekend and start working on a layout.

My three main goals for the track are:
1) FLOWING.  None of this point, shoot, brake, turn, point, shoot, brake, turn crap.  The track will have slower technical sections as well as long, fast sections.  This is very much personal preference on my part but I enjoy a track that allows you to flow continuously from corner to corner instead of a choppy screwed up type of drive.  And since I'll be operating the dirt moving equipment, it's what I'm going to do!   :wink:

B) Wide enough for four cars - I'm planning on 35' to 40' wide

III) Multiple lines so there is passing able to be done in the corners, straights and even switch backs. (which usually and obviously develop one line)

I also want to set the track up so that it's multiple level friendly.  There will be table tops through out and there will be doubles in sections where they're able to be done safely.  Different obstacles may be side by side - say a table top on one side of a straight with a double on the other side.

We also want the track to be used by people with UTVs, quads and I'm trying to get some Trophy Karts here too.  The more we can keep four wheeled vehicles off the motocross track the happier everyone will be.  (I HATE quads on a motocross track - they screw up the turns)

Hopefully we'll have the basic layout of the track finished by the end of February. Weather will play a huge roll in this and I'll be out west playing in the Dunes for a couple weeks in the middle of Feb.

I'll keep everyone updated as it goes along.

Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Weed

• View Profile
New Stadium Lite Track in South West Ohio
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 03:54:47 PM »
I think you should build it in Kansas.... :wink:

If you were closer......I'd help build it.  It helps that I have operated heavy equipment since I could barely reach the pedels.

I agree with the flowing type of course.....the SAE mini-baja competitions are set up similar, but usually narrower.  20-30' wide.