Author Topic: My Shop is finally clean!!!!!  (Read 1579 times)

Weed

• View Profile
My Shop is finally clean!!!!!
« on: November 06, 2007, 09:57:17 PM »
Four days of cleaning and organizing.....found a bunch of crap I didn't know I still had.

I cleaned up the herd....bringing in another Ody to assemble and sell.  It is powdercoated silver/aluminum.  

Next on the list is the Pilot.....now to find some plastic :shock:

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 09:27:11 PM »
Very nice! Did you ever figure out what happened to the high compression experiment engine in the silver bullet?

Weed

• View Profile
Silver bullet
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 10:24:27 PM »
Yep, rebuilt with new Hot Rods connecting rod, new Wiesco piston, did some jetting, and figured out I needed at least 105 motor octane after some calculation.  I have used both VP C16 and VP 110.  Both work well and are leaded fuels.  The performance is good and it seams to be a good combo right now.  It is a torque monster, top end is lacking but what do you expect with that much compression.  I built it for torque not high revving.

She is right at 200psi compression and have ran the $hit out of it the past couple of weekends.  Can't start it with the pullstart, it broke my finger back in May with that much compression.  I tried it when I rebuilt it and broke the rope on the third try.  The new rope will probably handle it but I like my fingers straight......

See the box of parts on the lower right hand side of the pic of the motors.....thats Fed's trans.......still havent touched it yet.  I need to get on the ball and get it together for him.

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 08:43:29 AM »
LOL I did hear you can actually do more things with unbroken fingers, but that could be just a rumor.  :lol:  Had to give you shit! Hope they heal up quickly.

Engine sounds like you got her dialed in nicely. Did you you that PMW carb?

Fed is moving to California in December, damned military, LOL. No rush either, he is still using my spare tranny. I got his project 350 from him too, makes 4 350s again for me. I have a couple more trikes and a 4X4 quad too. I also picked up a fairly clean project 69 Firebird with 29,000 original miles to take up even more of my spare time.

No rush on the nerf bars either, I really wanted a set for the 420.

I will have lots of elk/deer jerky soon if anyone wants some. The freezer is pretty full(3 elk and 3 deer).

Gary