Author Topic: 350 engine done  (Read 2439 times)

jaguar73

• View Profile
350 engine done
« on: April 23, 2007, 05:14:30 PM »
Wanted to thank Weed and Nuke Em for their help in getting this thing going again.

nuke em

• View Profile
350 engine done
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 08:51:48 PM »
You are welcome, but I didn't do much. Looks nice too Erik. I still need to find you an intake/filter pod setup(I have not forgot).

My son holed my 420/350s piston last week so I need to do a top end again too. :evil:

Gary

Weed

• View Profile
350 engine done
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 04:47:52 PM »
No problem, hows she run?

jaguar73

• View Profile
350 engine done
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 10:08:01 PM »
Fine, but then it starves out after about 2 min on the upper end of the throttle. Not sure what to do next as the fuel pump is new etc. Should I go electric on the pump also? If I idle for a minute after it starves then I am good for another short burst, so I do think it is a fuel issue and not carb.

Weed

• View Profile
How about this.....
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 10:54:10 PM »
That is why I use a second glass fuel filter right above the carb.  If I am starving the engine I can diagnose it right away visually.  Also the filter housing acts as a fuel reserve for the carb bowl.  They are inexpensive and a good insurance policy for keeping that carb clean.

nuke em

• View Profile
350 engine done
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 06:05:09 PM »
Weeds right on the money with the glass filter between the carb and tee fitting, I use them on all my machines. If for nothing else, great troubleshooting aid.

My bet is your tee fitting is your problem. A quick way to check is to plug or pinch close the return line between the tee and the tank(not the tee to the fuel pump line). That will force fuel down the tee to the carb. I have had lots of problems with several of mine so i think this is a good first check. Please post back if that cures it so I can help you add a restriction in that line.

Gary

jaguar73

• View Profile
350 engine done
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 09:00:32 PM »
I did a few things and not sure which one worked. I had the carb out and so I replaced the engine vacuum to pump line with fuel injection grade hose. I then took the plug out of the bowl on the carb and it is a PWK that is hollow with two holes on the side. The pilot jet sits in this and may not have been getting fuel after a good run, so I added two more holes to it. Did the fuel filter mod and cleaned the crap out of the gas cap and made sure it was venting. Took it for a run and no problems. Needs to be leaned out some more, but it did not give me any grief.

nuke em

• View Profile
350 engine done
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 06:46:42 AM »
Glad to hear!