Author Topic: sledge drive belts  (Read 1288 times)

lee1969gb

• View Profile
sledge drive belts
« on: March 06, 2007, 11:28:45 AM »
Can any one help me, I want a spare or 2 belts for my rotax engined pilot It is a belt from a ski doo 800 05 I think the number on it is 140-4352u3
I would be interested in another set of clutches from a ski doo 800 with RER I think it would need to be 02 or later and jack shaft and more belts. These would need to be shipped to England United kingdom.
Anyone know what the belt numbers mean?
Is there some kind of lube you should use on the drive belt?
Thanks Lee.

Ozpilot

• View Profile
sledge drive belts
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 02:44:22 PM »
The best you could do is jump on a few of the sled forums.  I don't have any links with me but I think there is one called snowmobile world or something like that which has a SkiDoo forum which is really good.

The Bombardier belts have some numbering that tells you what compound the belts are whereas on aftermarket belts (Gates etc) the numbers normally just tell you the "grade" of belt and the size (width and length).  Different companies measure length diferently and it is difficult to measure yourself and get the same number they come up with.

I found the Gates catalogue (which was and probably still is on their website) extremely helpful.  Gives all widths and lengths and a lot of interchange info.  I think I also had a Dayco catalogue but I'm not sre.

Try those sites.  If you can't find the Gates catalogue (which will be the up to date one) let me know and I'll dig out whatever I have and send it to you (they're all PDFs and probably 2 to 3 years old).

I think belts are critical - don't skimp or use belts made for different brands (they often look right and fit but things like side angles vary)