Author Topic: Hunt'n time!  (Read 6618 times)

nuke em

• View Profile
Hunt'n time!
« on: September 01, 2006, 12:29:05 PM »
Its the 1st of Sept and that means opening elk/deer bow season here in Wyoming. WOOHOOO   Going to take the boys on thier first bow trip tonight thru the weekend. I have a nice 150lb draw crossbow with a graduated scope for em to use. Fed shot a Mulie buck with it last year at 55 yards, clean thru and it dropped in its tracks. Wish us luck this weekend.

If we bag a couple, anyone want some of my famous elk jerky? Send me an address and I mail you guys some of the best jerky you will ever eat(bragging a little again). Really is good. :wink:

It was a nice crispy 40 degrees this morning, probably well below freezing up there. My blood is boiling to get up there again.

DH,Weed,LD, ect,...you guys are missing out! Maybe next year, some of you guys can come up. Dunes are about 15-20 miles from my hunting area. Hunt, ride, hunt, ride,.... LOL

dhjunkie

• View Profile
Hunt'n time!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 09:25:16 PM »
9-1 is dove opener for me.  Went locally 1.5 hours north of home and got skunked, I am sticking to my roots and ONLY dove hunting the Colorado river!

May your tags be filled with the biggest of game!

Weed

• View Profile
nice
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 10:28:39 PM »
Oh I will make it up, it is just a matter of finding the time.

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Hunt'n time!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 11:03:44 AM »
JERKY!!!!   Yum!!!   You already have my adress...
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Toyman

• View Profile
Jerky
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 12:49:13 PM »
JERKY!!!!
I love jerky!
You can put me down on your list. I'll send you my address if you don't already have it.
Toyman

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hunt'n time!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 07:33:56 PM »
Using a crossbow during "Archery Season" will get you thrown in Jail here in Nebraska...
(Unless you can not draw a longbow due to loss of an arm through amputation or permanent impairment)

You sure its legal in your Red-Neck State ???

Anyhow also put me on your Jerky list and good luck with the hunt...

Later
Dennis

dhjunkie

• View Profile
Hunt'n time!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 04:20:01 PM »
Quote from: "FL670R"
Using a crossbow during "Archery Season" will get you thrown in Jail here in Nebraska...
(Unless you can not draw a longbow due to loss of an arm through amputation or permanent impairment)

Later
Dennis

Must of gotten a Commiefornia transplant writing your hunting laws :)

nuke em

• View Profile
Hunt'n time!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 05:23:27 PM »

Later
Dennis

Only illegal if you get caught, right? LMAO.....Naw, It is still legal here. I am not sure why either, but it makes it nice for the kids.

First evening there, I called in a small herd of cows(ELK cows that is) 500 yards out of camp, got the lead cow(350-400lbs) within 50 yards and broad side. My son shot right over the top of her. It started running off,  I squalled like a lost calf and it came right back but alot more leary. Within 45 mins, I had her broadside to him again. This time he shot just under her. Again it ran off. Again I squalled and it returned. Pretty stupid for a "smart" animal. By the time she came to where we should see her, it was too dark to shoot. I marched off the second shot to the tracks, 61 yards. No wonder he missed.

I called in a couple of small bulls later last weekend, but nothing worth shooting this early for myself. My laser rangfinder should be here this week so no more guessing at the range either.

Meat is a comin', just coming later! LOL
Gary

dhjunkie

• View Profile
Hunt'n time!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 08:44:20 PM »
Beats a day at work!!!
I'm off to Yuma Thursday night to hunt Friday,Saturday and Sunday for the doves that weren't here locally.  I should have my fill of little eyeballs for the year,  NOT.

nuke em

• View Profile
Hunt'n time!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 09:35:23 PM »
My buddy at work is dragging me off in late Oct to South Dakota for a several day private pheasant hunt on his familys ranch. I actually prefer Chuckkars(sp) and Hungarian Partridge for eating, but what the hell right?

You are right on the money about better than work too LOL Good hunting to ya! Hope all your pouches are full of lil eye balls. LMAO  Thats funny, don't care who you are! :lol:

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hunt'n time!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 01:45:25 AM »
Quote from: "Nuke Em"

You are right on the money about better than work too LOL

Who you trying to kid...  :shock:
What do you pull 3 days a week maybe 12 hours...  :roll:

Want to trade for this 40+ hour a week crap...  8)  

PS
I swear my guidance counselor said "Computers would make me rich"    :cry:

PSS
Just messing with ya....

Do I still get some jerky ??????     :D

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Hunt'n time!
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »
I swear my guidance counselor said "Computers would make me rich"    :cry:
ROFLMAO!!!!
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

nuke em

• View Profile
Hunt'n time!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 10:04:24 PM »
Who you trying to kid...  
What do you pull 3 days a week maybe 12 hours...  

SSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!  What, you want to get me in trouble with these fine tax payers? Well, except for Lude, he doesn't pay my paycheck! LMAO

We are headed up for 2 weeks straight starting Saturday. Fed is coming out for the second week too. There is a huge mountian lion near my hunting area. Paw prints are at least twice the size of my fist. Guess I better pack the 44 mag on the hip(thats illegal during bow season). Theres a law I am breaking Dennis! I would rather pay a fine than get eaten, LOL. :wink: Pepper spray my ass, thats like tabasco sauce on a steak, yummy.

There will be jerky-a-plenty soon!

Creation

• View Profile
Hunt'n time!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 02:01:32 AM »
I wouldnt mind trying some jerky dude. Here in WA bow hunting started for the does I beleive. I tried to bag one but I missed *damn friends*, Haha I did get to chase one on my FL250 though, that was a blast. This week I may try to make it out there again.

I miss Iowa... Turkey season was the best. All I see in WA that I like is Quail.

dhjunkie

• View Profile
Hunt'n time!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 10:46:34 PM »
Quote from: "Creation"
I wouldnt mind trying some jerky dude. Here in WA bow hunting started for the does I beleive. I tried to bag one but I missed *damn friends*, Haha I did get to chase one on my FL250 though, that was a blast. This week I may try to make it out there again.

I miss Iowa... Turkey season was the best. All I see in WA that I like is Quail.