Author Topic: Video clip post testing  (Read 2645 times)

nuke em

• View Profile
Video clip post testing
« on: June 06, 2006, 06:18:34 PM »
It keeps saying "you are trying to load an empty file". DAMN LIAR!!!! :evil:

Weed, I sent it to you. Can you post it?

PilotSniper

• View Profile
Video clip post testing
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:59:58 PM »
Try this place...

http://www.putfile.com

...then, just post the link.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

Weed

• View Profile
HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 11:41:05 AM »
It tells me the same damn thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Video clip post testing
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 07:43:42 PM »
Stoneman tried and then I tried to upload that 4x4 going up the sand hill video for him and had the same problem. :x

Since I have access to the admin panel, I started checking around and it won't do .WMV files.   Dunno why (or how to fix it)  :?

Since you uploaded it on KiowA's site, I've added a link right here for you.   :D
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

nuke em

• View Profile
Video clip post testing
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 08:21:07 PM »
Thanks Skeeter! :D

Toyman

• View Profile
Video
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 09:23:45 PM »
I'll just let everyone know that the clip is of his 350 spanking some modified Pilot's butt so he has a right to boast about this and show everyone the proof. I'd certainly be proud to own this FL-350 as it's the fastest one I've ever seen! It walked away from my 583 Drak more than once but it won't once I get her dialed in :lol: .
Toyman

nuke em

• View Profile
Video clip post testing
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 09:34:33 PM »
Thanks for the comments, Hows the body Ike? Your drak had jetting and clutching issues so it wasn't a fair race. I got my ass handed to me everywhere else due to its stock suspension,.... which will be fixed soon! :wink:

Toyman

• View Profile
Body
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 06:24:55 AM »
I've never been beat up so bad in a dune buggy in my life but I'm recovering.................... slowly. Hot tub certainly has been getting some use lately.

Some bits of advice to all;

Pad everything near your body inside your car & wear wrist restraints.
I'm very lucky to not have broken both kneecaps & my forearm.
I had a death grip on the wheel but still had one hand come off.

Make sure to wear your safety belts as tight as you can get them.
I'm certain I would have broke my neck if I hadn't.

I learned I do not like belts that attach to tabs right behind the seat. These gave me quite a jab in the shoulders when I was thrown into them so I'll be rerouting my belts through the center slot of my seat to another location.

Lastly make certain you know the terrain very well before you blast through it at speed as things happen very quickly. Mother Nature has a sneaky way of surprising us with a spanking if we are not careful.
Toyman

Moskito

• View Profile
Video clip post testing
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 06:35:30 AM »
And just why are we beaten up???

What did ya do??
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

nuke em

• View Profile
Video clip post testing
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 08:11:14 AM »
:shock:  OUCHY!

Moskito

• View Profile
Video clip post testing
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 09:06:19 AM »
Okay, this isn't sounding good at all...

I ask about Toyman being beaten up and you post some pretty gnarly pix of Fed?

Now I have to ask, what happened to Fed???

ludedude

• View Profile
Video clip post testing
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 09:39:36 AM »
Quote from: "Moskito"
Stoneman tried and then I tried to upload that 4x4 going up the sand hill video for him and had the same problem. :x

Since I have access to the admin panel, I started checking around and it won't do .WMV files.   Dunno why (or how to fix it)  :?

Since you uploaded it on KiowA's site, I've added a link right here for you.   :D

Should work now as a download...couldn't get it to work play inline.

nuke em

• View Profile
Video clip post testing
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 11:20:58 AM »
Heres the wrecking skinny, LOL,

1. Day 2. Dennis's trike had a rear brake lock up, Hoser and myself went back to camp for tools. Upon our return, they were gone. I spotted them several tall dunes away. I barreled down thru a smooth valley between dunes around 45MPH. There was a 24" tall 10 ft wide verticle pile of sand down there that I flat didn't see. Hoser said my paddles were still digging until I hit it. My 420 vaulted about 40 ft until it came down on the nose, then bounced about 10 feet further on to the roof, then again bounced 10 ft later on the ass end then dropped forward onto the tires, still idling. Hoser had a helmet cam on the Pilot but had not turned it on and pulled up and asked if I was oK. Didn't hurt anything(just my pride).

2. Day 2, Dennis was leading a conoy thru the dunes and slowed down to look around for which way to go. He hit some wash board looking sand about 10 miles an hour and fliped it straight over. Again no damage, except his pride.

3. Day 3. Dennis and Fed were going to ride wheelies for the cam corder. Dennis popped up a little too tall on take off, lands on his arse on film. I'll post it soon.

4. Fed siezed his piston in the first 45 minutes of riding his Odyssey so he rode my 86 250R trike the rest of the time(6 days).
Day 3 we were ripping around the inside walls of a sand bowl, fed went higher up walls and went thru some small witch eyes(wind blown holes in the sand) and fed did a pretty 40MPH tumblewith the trike.  Mostly battered and bruises except the trike bounced off his right hip solidly when he was under it. I was on his tail so I got a birds eye view of this one.

4.  Day 5, Fed was riding wheelies thru the whoops on the trail leading into parking lot(mix of hardpack, jagged rocks and sand). At the end of the trail was an off angled ridge to keep rain runoff from washing out the trail to the dunes. He took another pretty good tumble except the rocks bit his knee, again the trike landed on the bruised hip, mashed up the ribs some, shoulder caught some damage too and had some pretty good scratches on the brain bucket. He hopped on the trike, fired it up and rode it 100yards to the campsite. I don't think anyone actually saw the wreck. I had just climbed out of my 420 and pulled my helmet off. Looked over and seen him starting the trike up("wonder if he stalled it?", I thought) and riding it up into the camp I noticed the trail of blood to the ankle. "That can't be good". The cut was semi packed with sand and rocks and kinda gross so I took him to town for a few stitches.

Not done yet!

5. Day 5 still(evening)The local sled dealer(new owner of Jerrys 3rd Drak) let us beat on a demo 4X4 800CC Bombardiar quad. Ike(Toyman) climbed a very tall dune with it, didn't have the momentum to top it and when he tried to turn it back down the dune, rolled it accross himself on the way back down. I didn't get to see that one. He got several good bruises on his back and shoulder.

Fed is shot and cannot ride anything, his 350 is siezed, my 420 ate the inner o-ring seal about day 5 causing it to blow compression into coolant sytem. I stripped a head stud attempting a repair. We desided to cut our losses and head for home. The rest went another 5 hours to St. Anthonys to bigger dunes.

6. This story is from Ike himself. While running out front at high speeds, Ike flew off about a 6 ft embackment of sand, he pegged the throttle(like you are supposed to) that kept the nose from lawn darting, took a pretty rough landing then immediatly flew off another steep bowl tumbling several times violently. He said it dropped about the height of the semi truck awnings at the gas station. His knees were swoll up as big as his calves. Bent and broke alot of stuff but seems the drivers compartment was fine. I am sure he will have some better pictures for us and a more detailed discription too.

Sorry such a long book, but you wanted to know. :D
Gary

Weed

• View Profile
ouch!!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 02:02:59 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if I should reconsider riding with you guys..

I enjoy all of my limbs and extremities!!!!

I would hate to loose function in any of them or my bodily fluids.

nuke em

• View Profile
Video clip post testing
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 03:02:13 PM »
Just make sure your harness is in good condition, bring a neck collar, first aid kit, and don't forget the camera! We'll have a great time. You do have hospital insurance, right? LMAO :cripple: