Author Topic: What a bike!  (Read 1485 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
What a bike!
« on: April 15, 2006, 07:01:46 PM »
When I dropped off my pilot at Darrell's he started up a bike he's been working on. Now I've seen this beast in his arage before, but this was the first time I heard it run. I can't remember what it is...it's a Honda...70's? inline 6  :shock:  :shock:

Twin pipes, with thrush mufflers on it....as he said, turn your head and it sounds like a 350 with a cam....VERY NICE!!!!

Now, that wouldn't be good as is for Darrell....he has a couple block offs just after the turn down collectors....billet aluminum covers....he drops the clamp on vice grips and they rotate down.....now when that revs up...

LOOK OUT!!!! WHAT A BEAST!!!!!

Of course there's plans for fuel squirters in there for flames to shoot straight out sideways LOL..

Hopefully I'll get some pics of that!

nuke em

• View Profile
What a bike!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 07:49:35 PM »
I need pics! Sounds bad ass!

ludedude

• View Profile
What a bike!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 08:09:19 PM »
CBX

I think this is it....

105HP!!
Specs

Toyman

• View Profile
Bike
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 12:26:34 AM »
I have a friend that has one of these big Hondas to. They were fast in their day.  I'd love to have a heads up race against it with my '78 Suzuki GS1000e but it'll never happen as his is a museum piece now.  This was the first year for Suzuki to build a large 4 stroke & it was the fastest production bike made that year. I rarely ever drive mine as I can't resist the temptation to race against these newer crotch rockets on the streets. Really pisses them off to get smoked by an old vintage bike. Speeding tickets were making my insurance rates skyrocket to. I'd entertain offers for it if anyone is interested. Its' just collecting dust in storage.
Toyman

greasemnky

• View Profile
What a bike!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 12:12:32 PM »
One of the guys I ride sport bikes with has one of these! He turned the handle bars upside down to turn it into more of a cafe racer. It keeps up pretty well with most of the newer 600's. He picked it up for real cheap on ebay, I think a couple hundred bucks. For the money, he definatly has more fun than we do.

ludedude

• View Profile
What a bike!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 08:55:33 AM »
here's some long delayed pics...the video clip is in quicktime taken with my phone....the mic just couldn't handle the volume of that monster!!!!

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
What a bike!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 03:40:03 PM »
I used to dream about that bike when it was new!
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)