Author Topic: 94C Clutch for FL350  (Read 10063 times)

ed43082

• View Profile
94C Clutch for FL350
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 11:04:31 PM »
Ok, it's been awhile. Had some issues with the host provider but got it all straightened out now. Was able to try some HTML and get the beginnings of a site up. The link to see what I have going on with my bike is http://www.quadyssey.com/

The pics on the site will need updated because we have made several modifications after those pics were taken. In general I added a new seat and harness that holds me in better than the stock one. The site will be changing almost daily as I learn more about web development and want to try new things. Right now it's pretty basic.

I have been busy with my kido getting the "Quadyssey" as I call it back together. I have that done now with exception for a couple missing bolts for the fenders that the bolt monster must have eaten so I'll need to get some new ones. And, a fender bracket for the rear fender. Don't know where it got off to. I know they were all there when we took it apart. Oh well, good excuse to clean the garage and if not there then start scanning ebay for one. It's the farthest one to the back of the fender if anyone has a spare one.

The clutch...that thing blows my mind. I marked the shaft and the clutch is not spinning on it. I cleaned it good with simple green. I increased the idle to 1300 rpm and the screeching noise seems to come and go now. I think it's the pucks moving in and out on the bell. When I had it apart it looked like the pucks were creating a groove on the bell. Maybe it just needs broke in. I might get the camcorder out and take a quick shot of it and post it so you can hear it. It might just be me.

Also, I looked everywhere for marks on the clutch halves to get them together correctly. I couldn't find anything except some manufacture timing marks on the back of the halves. If someone has a picture of what they look like I would be interested in seeing where they are located.

Well let me know what you think of the site so far. I want to figure out how to put a counter on it and add contact email and the such. I think I'm going to take the "Quadyssey" out this weekend for the first real ride since the rebuild. I wanted to last weekend but it was to cold and rainy to camp. Hopefully this will be the weekend.[/url]

Toyman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 08:27:34 AM »
I'm impressed! I've met several "paraplegics" that have taken a liking to these little cars as I have but never have I seen the efforts you have put into this car to modify it to suit your needs. Great job!
Toyman

nuke em

• View Profile
94C Clutch for FL350
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 11:23:31 AM »
Nice site. I love "customizing things" to suit yourself. Nice work.  

As far as the clutch, I personally have never owned a 94C, just lots of 102Cs. They are alot like the HRDs, wieghted pucks and slide against a shield. Have you tried Comet Clutch lube? I am a big believer in that stuff. Also, I would make sure the belt is in good shape(soft), an old hard glazed belt might make a wierd sound too.(just a thought).