Author Topic: Mud  (Read 1810 times)

jbru34

• View Profile
Mud
« on: February 02, 2006, 07:47:25 PM »
How much mud, water, and in general swampy area u think the 350 can take?  How deep has someone gotten through all that with out getting stuck?  The entrance to my dry woods is completely turned to mud from riding over it so much and I want to know if you think the oddy can get through it or I should fill it all in with stone.  Any opinion?...

~Jbru34
Crazy Chester followed me...

ludedude

• View Profile
Mud
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 04:42:02 AM »
They'll actually get through quite a bit, suprisingly so IMO.

BUT

The belt doesn't like water...if you have to cross...try and maintain a constant speed through it, once the belt shift up or down into a wet portion of the clutches....you're slippin'

Mud's hard on the faces of the clutches too, your blet gets soaked with dirty gritty water, sand gets between the belt and faces and.....well it's just BAD...

Plus

They're a pain to clean!

Mud's fun....but I've lost my taste for it and will avoid it whenever possible now.

Just my $0.02

jbru34

• View Profile
Mud
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 09:31:02 AM »
Have you ever heard of someone making a complete cover that surrounds all sides of the belts and clutches but can come off if you need to change the belt...i know i could get one my dads a sheet metal worker and we could easily manufacure one...is this a good idea???
Crazy Chester followed me...

ludedude

• View Profile
Mud
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 02:13:54 PM »
don't know about the 30's, but on the pilots, there's no room between the clutch and the crankcase, you'd have to machine an adapter and move the clutches away from the engine in order to enclose it.

Weed

• View Profile
Mud
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 09:33:47 PM »
If you could build a somewhat tight cover it would probably work pretty good.  I always had a problem when hitting the water and it splashing into the clutch thus spooling all the way out then locking the clutch.  When that happens it sucks........ you are dead in the water.  No pun intended.

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Mud
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 06:32:53 AM »
Quote from: "jbru34"
Have you ever heard of someone making a complete cover that surrounds all sides of the belts and clutches but can come off if you need to change the belt...i know i could get one my dads a sheet metal worker and we could easily manufacure one...is this a good idea???
You would be best off making something that's more of a splash guard instead of sealing the drive train off.  They need air flow to keep cool, let the belt dust go away and such.

Just stay outta the deep water instead - after all, riding around with a wet arse sucks...
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'