Author Topic: fl250 gas lines routing and needed a new fuel tank  (Read 10099 times)

minidezs

• View Profile
fl250 gas lines routing and needed a new fuel tank
« on: November 13, 2005, 08:26:03 PM »
hey i need a discription of picture of how to route stock gas lines and where i can get a new fuel tank or does any one have a fuel cell

Tbone_Enya

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 03:09:40 AM »
I am new here,,, and this is exactly the question, I have,,,,, or,,,, I need this same help even.
 I have a manual, and I have looked at the on-line manual, and nothing I've looked at shows a clear diagram for "all" of the fuel lines in the system. I just bought my first Odyssey a few days ago, and the guy I bought it from had changed the fuel filter and put new lines on, but one of the lines is not connected, and I'm not sure if he might have forgot to put a hose on??? Here's what happens when I try to start it:

I am getting fuel to the filter,  and to the pump, but there is not a drop going past the pump. It fires right up when I take off the air filter and prime the carb, but no fuel pumps past the fuel pump, so as soon as the priming fuel is used up it shuts down. Someone has to have some good clear photos of the fuel line system and where everything goes????? Please help,,,, I need to ride!!!!!!!!!!

greentowtruck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 04:13:52 AM »
I am new here also but when i took mine apart there was a line going to a fitting on the engine crankcase i believe that pulses the pump and makes fuel flow

Tbone_Enya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 05:50:57 AM »
I seen that fitting, and wondered if that is where this hose that is dangling off the bottom of the fuel pump was supposed to go???? I didn't hook it up there, with fear of something bad happening. If that is what I need to hook up, that might be all I need. I would still like to see a picture of someones fuel lines that are all set up properly. are there any that are just breathers, not hooked to anything?

minidezs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 09:52:39 AM »
i know that there is 2 hoses on the bottom of the carb that just hang off and i guess leak out un necessary fuel. but its from where the fuel pump and the 3 way fittings and the fitting of the crank that i am not to sure about.. help us all please

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 10:36:48 AM »
PilotHawk! Oh FL250 guru, where art thou?!  :lol:

http://p-o-ps.com/forum/auc_listing.php?id=1&fi=0

Chris is pretty well versed on the FL250's, I'm sure he can give you the info you need. Hit him with a PM if he doesn'y repsond here soon.

Tbone_Enya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 12:23:48 PM »
OK,,,,, My problem is solved,,,,, here is the link that solved my problem,,,

http://12.215.122.222/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1723&sid=4f63834c25ed37e899e030897f689f39

Ozpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 03:44:15 PM »
It's good to see your problem is solved.  The site you went to should be helpful at your stage - it contains extremely basic info taken from all over the place - just what you need for a problem like the one you had!

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 09:25:24 PM »
If you need any more information on the FL250, please feel free to view all of the pics on the site I put up after my complete restoration. I, like you, didn't know squat about the FL250, but got through the restoration with help from everyone here at POPS and at KiowA's site. Without everyone's help, I would have been in deep doo-doo! Here's the link to my site and I'm sorry I couldn't respond earlier in order to help you out!

http://www.atlanticpaints.com/Odyssey

When you get there, click on the "Rebuilding" link and scroll down to the pics of the fuel system. All of your questions should be answered there.

Best of luck!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock: