Author Topic: Back in the land of Oz  (Read 956 times)

Ozpilot

• View Profile
Back in the land of Oz
« on: August 02, 2005, 06:36:46 PM »
THANKS!!!!

And in case I forgot - thanks!

The trip to Coal Creek was fantastic. I'm not going to try to thank everyone as I'll leave somebody out but I really have to mention a few including Kiowa and Lude for maintaining their boards and providing a way for the whole group to communicate. There are many others that made the trip great but I have to mention PilotHawk and his family for hosting everybody EVERY night (till way too late!). And thanks PH for the offer of lodgings and for getting up so early to take me to the airport on Monday. And a HUGE thanks to Bucked and TMan for the loan of their Pilots over the three days. I still can't believe the generosity of the group in making sure I had a ride. I rode Bucked's BC (which apparently means Beastly Champion)on Friday and Sunday and I rode TMan's Pilot on Saturday. Others also offered their rides and offered to drive me places and I thank them immensely for that (I really should have at least dirtied Ramjet's Pilot for him!) The generosity of this group is really something!

The best part of the trip was meeting such an amazing group of people. I felt I knew many from the boards but what comes across on the boards is really the tip of the iceburg. The strength of the personalities and friendships withing the group stands out when you see how many came along without a ride (it seemed they wouldn't let dhjunkie bring his ride as "carry on" either.) I spent much of Saturday amongst those on the (light) riderless side and it was great to spend that time just talking.

The social and family aspects of the group is fantastic and it really makes this a great sport when whole families participate.

Going to lunch and the dinners was top fun - precisely what friends and holidays are all about!

The swim in the stream on Saturday was great too! With three countries represented we probably should have had a swiming contest or something but all we did was see who could STS furthest.

Thanks again to everybody for makinig the trip so incredible. Hopefully I can make it to more trips like it. I'd also like to return the hospitality so if anybody can make it Down Under I hope they'll look me up and I can take them riding. Feel free to bring the family (Ramjet - you can even bring Red's favorite family member!)

ludedude

• View Profile
Back in the land of Oz
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 06:56:59 PM »
It was great to meet you Brendan! Glad you made it home safely, feel good to be home? Thanks for posting the pictures..I never pulled my camera out of its bag!  :roll:

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Back in the land of Oz
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 05:04:17 AM »
Oz,
Was great to see you again.

Glad you had as much fun as the rest of us.

Sorry we never managed to get together so I could deliever your pipe...  Seems I'd run out of the house for five minutes, leave the cell phone behind and you'd call.  Doh!

Shoot me an e-mail/pm and I'll get the pipe on it's way to you.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'