Author Topic: Tony's Lid's  (Read 2464 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Tony's Lid's
« on: June 12, 2005, 10:09:08 PM »
Tony can add the details...here's the pictures

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
ABS Pilot Airbox Lids
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 02:54:01 AM »
Thanks to Lude for loading the pictures as i was having PC issues with that !
The former "Proto-Glass" lids produced in fibreglass have lept into the world of Vac Formed ABS Plastic similar to the OEM material,I've made some changes to the original mold from feedback i have received these being longer tube attachment points to eliminate the air tubes coming off and refinements to the latch points,being plastic this is a lot easier than working with glass and a lot cleaner !
Other items I'm developing in ABS are
FL350 air-box lid with additional air intake.
Pilot roof plate.
Pilot style roof plate for the FL350 with correct mounting holes.
Other info,this material is 3mm thick,UV resistant and comes in different colours,I'm actually chasing this material that looks like carbon fibre,Maier currently use this type of ABS,it looks super trick !

Any questions please ask :?: ,Pilot dual intake air-box lids will be available shortly,price to confirmed but will beat the previous $70US :D .

Cheers
Aussieduner

the bogger

Tony's Lid's
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 02:14:05 PM »
I would be very interested in a least 2 of the 350 air box lids, what are they going for in US currency and are they going to be available real soon?Is THAT LID going to fit the stock intake tubing of will 1 need to get new intake hose for it?

ludedude

• View Profile
Tony's Lid's
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 03:16:17 PM »
Tony,

Something else someone else mentioned, can you remove the rolled lip on the top edge of the tube? I like 'em!

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Tony's Lid's
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 04:19:30 AM »
Hi
Thanks for the interest,firstly the 350 lid question,the stock tube will fit the lid.Please note i will be making a stock 350 lid with no air intake and a lid WITH an air intake so a second tube will be required but will be the same size as the stock tube.Price to be finalized shortly but will be very very reasonable as this is a hobby for me
Secondly the lip on the intake tubes on the Pilot lid will be gone on the production model,the hole saw size's i have are just under and just over the correct size of the tube,will have the correct tool this weekend !
I appreciate all the feedback guys,good or bad !

Please feel free to contact me on my e-mail address for more pics and info etc if required...Many thanks to Lude for supplying the original Pilot mold and getting the whole thing rolling !

th1963@tpg.com.au

Cheers
Aussuieduner

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Tony's Lid's
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 06:31:54 AM »
Killer job Tony!
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Tony's Lid's
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 06:42:57 AM »
Hope George Lucas dosent get to pissed at me calling it the Vader..LOL
The black certainly makes it look good straight out of the molding process.

Cheers
Aussieduner

PilotSniper

• View Profile
Tony's Lid's
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 04:37:26 PM »
Nice work!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

ludedude

• View Profile
Tony's Lid's
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 07:00:53 PM »
I see you figured out the trouble you had posting pics ;) They look awesome mate.

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Tony's Lid's
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 01:10:23 AM »
Just a couple more pics with the finishing touch,a "pinch mold" installed around the base of the lid.This ensures a nice seal,makes the clips nice and firm and looks good on the finished product.I will be duning all day tomorrow with a lid fitted so it will get a serious workout !

Cheers
Aussieduner