Author Topic: carb idle adjustment knob  (Read 1361 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
carb idle adjustment knob
« on: December 22, 2004, 12:43:53 PM »
I have a ......PJ I think...stock CR500 carb anyhow on my pilot. The idle and choke adjustment are on the same knob (turn and pull)......anyhow the platic knob is cracked and so turning the knob, it just spins on the needle...what should/can I use to reapir it? Crazy Glue?    It's plastic to what? Brass?

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 01:44:33 PM »
Yup - brass setup - unscrew the whole "body" of the choke ass'y and you'll see what I mean.

It's just a plastic knob on a brass rod.  I would imagine super glue or good old JB Weld will work for a temp, gotta go play, fix.   Look in Dennis Kirk - I think they have both a replacement piece and a cable conversion - well, maybe not since it's idle control too...

If it were a TMX, the stock choke assy would bolt in and you'd be able to use the dash mounted pull knob.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 01:48:10 PM »
cool thanks skeeter