Author Topic: BUILDING A SUPERLITE (MY PAGE DEDICATED TOWARDS IT)  (Read 1783 times)

yfzpilot

BUILDING A SUPERLITE (MY PAGE DEDICATED TOWARDS IT)
« on: December 01, 2004, 01:38:41 AM »
Hey guys I have been checking out this site for a while now and I have decided to persue my dream of building my own superlite! I am kinda taking a chapter out of the yellow dog racing site and doing this as a web log sort of thing! I really want to thank Richard for building such a great site and sparking so much interest in mini buggies in me, and I am sure thousands more! I am planning on building this buggy within the next couple of years and I will walk through it step by step much they way YDR did. I am no where near full of the knowlodge about building lites then YDR, but I am a quick and passionate learner and have made my site so that I may be helped along the way and maybe even form a buggy building comunity. Please feel free to add links, building articles of your own, tips on fabrication and welding, and more!! also there is a forum for general discussion(not quite done yet) Thanks and be sure to check it out and it will located @ www.twosixmotorsports.com or something like that in a week or so, but for developing I put it here: http://twosixmotorsports.yfznation.com
thanks!

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 07:41:07 AM »
WOO HOOO!!!!
Welcome to the insanity!

Are you sure you want to do this to yourself? :shock:

You'll learn volumes by each and every thing you do and that will become knowledge that you can pass on to others.

Don't be afraid to screw up.  It's just another learning step.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!  It's more fun.

Good luck and let me know what I can do to help.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

yfzpilot

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 08:13:41 AM »
Well I would sure like to see those plans for the moskito!! Just kiddin I know there untouchable! :lol:  Thanks for the comments and I hope you all can post on my forum and help me out along the way! (You have to register just like this site to post in the forum, submit news, and post links in the database!)

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 09:42:42 AM »
Moskito plans....   I don't even have them anymore.  They went bye-bye a few years back when a hard drive puked.

I do have another single seater tucked away in ACAD somewhere, though....

BTW, your website's sweet.  If your ride is anything like the web work you've done, you're light years ahead of me.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

yfzpilot

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 05:25:12 PM »
I may no a little about computers, but the fabrication is going to be my learning challange! I am a good welder but the fabrication is going to need some practice.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 02:15:58 AM »
Yeah, your site looks good, keep us updated, and good luck! That Skeeter fella's got a lot of knowledge, and not a bad guy to boot! ;)