Author Topic: Keihin PWK 39mm Carburetor Installation  (Read 2357 times)

PilotSniper

• View Profile
Keihin PWK 39mm Carburetor Installation
« on: October 07, 2004, 07:46:36 AM »
I'm dabbling in multiple Pilot projects and at this point, I decided to get the rubber on the intake manifold and the intake boot s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d onto the carburetor. So far, this is what I've done:

http://www.p-o-ps.com/coppermine_dir/thumbnails.php?album=56

I certainly hope the little throttle cable modification comes out okay!  :?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 01:03:25 PM »
getting the manifold in place was FUN wasn't it!

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 03:35:27 PM »
Quote from: "PilotHawK"
getting the manifold in place was FUN wasn't it!

Haha!!! That statement sounds like it's coming from someone who has "been there and done that"!!!  :lol:

Fed

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 08:13:52 PM »
Livewire fabricates a nice billet intake and boot that'll actually fit a 38mm carb.  I'm sure a 39mm would be no problem.   Ya'll should check it out.  www.aftershockmotorsports.com  

Pricey though......an alternative, and what I used on my 38mm was a chunk of prefabbed rubber from Lowe's or Home Depot.  Don't know what it was intended for, but it works GREAT.  No S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G needed.  If you want pics and specs, let me know.  I can pull that puppy on and off at will.   :D
Opportunity is missed by most, because it\'s dressed in overalls and looks like work.

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 07:25:04 AM »
Fed, the stock intake manifold (curved) was replaced with a new CR250 intake manifold (straight). This was NOT a problem to stretch on. In fact, it fits like a stocker. On the other hand, the intake boot between the carburetor and the airbox was a B*T*H to put on!!! Thanks for the heads-up though!

By the way, I just added some pics to the gallery of how I modified the OEM throttle cable so that it would fit into the top of the Keihin PWK 39mm carburetor. See them here:

http://www.p-o-ps.com/coppermine_dir/thumbnails.php?album=56

tsutton44

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 08:41:13 PM »
yeh ,the rear boots fun  :shock:  on my 350 i use a pilot intake for my 39mm kiehin,did your boot oval on you from the carb and intake being a tad to long ?What i do to make it easier to get on is use a long 3/8 exstension,18" or so.stick it inside the boot from inside the airbox and pry up on the boot.hold it in place and tighten at the same time.The exstension wont rip the boot and makes getting it on easier and faster.