Author Topic: It's here~ Silencer question.  (Read 1601 times)

El ponzone

It's here~ Silencer question.
« on: June 23, 2004, 10:46:38 AM »
Got her unloaded thgis morning.  This is quite a machine.  I have not driven it yet as I had to get to work.  The pull start is non functional and the battery is toast.  It also needs a silencer.  I would imagine getting actual Pilot parts can be quite an exorcise in patience.  Is there a silencer from any more common ATV that can be used with a little modification?  I have full welding capabilities, but if there is one that works, great.

Thanks

PilotSniper

• View Profile
Pipe & Silencer
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 11:05:43 AM »
Talk to Ludedude about getting a new pipe and silencer. You can choose from PowerPros Rev or Torque pipe. I would suggest getting your pipe with the long silencer. I have the short one and it's LOUD! My friend, Odykid, has the long silencer and it's still LOUD, but the ladies seem to like the longer silencer.....  :shock:

Seriously, though, before you start tinkering with welding and experimenting with what might end up being the wrong silencer, go with the mainstream solution and get yourself a PowerPros.

Best of luck with your new Pilot!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

El ponzone

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 11:51:39 AM »
The pipe that is on it appears to be aftermarket.  I raced MX for years and have had bikes my whole life so it's not too greek to me.  As far as silencers go, I have never noticed much difference(other than sound) on my bikes.  Now pipes, that's a whole different story.  Crack open a few silencers once, they are effectively all the same save length and packing material.  The duty of back pressure modulation is taken care of by pipe design.  I am not saying it makes no difference, I am saying it is minute.  The one on it now is destroyed, so I was just looking for something I could pick up today and throw it on so my neigbors won't kill me:)

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 01:43:15 PM »
I have a slightly used long silencer.
I alos have a complete, brand new Power Pros Torque pipe and long silencer, ceramic coated, idf you're interested in either let me know.

The thing about Power Pros is, they're a good pipe, but Pwer Pros is SLOW to deliver.