Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 984 times)

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Thank You
« on: April 11, 2004, 09:42:04 PM »
Some of you know and some of you don't know what happened to me at this time last year. I went to the ECJ last spring looking for a good time and had a blast at the place for about 3 hours. Those of us who were already at there went out for a ride, and get a good look at the area. We got to the MX track and were playing around there when it happened. I over jumped a fairly small table top and landed nose down beyond the the landing ramp. When that happened I somehow crushed my T-12 vertabrae (the docs called it a burst fracture because the bone just shattered like when you hit a piece of ice with a hammer). Without the help of a lot of people I may not have the use of my legs today, and I wanted to take a special time out to thank the ones who were there for me in my time of need!

First I want to thank Pilotman who stayed by my side after the accident and made sure I was doing OK. Moskito I want to thank you for getting my wallet and phone, and finding Trooper Rick who made the ever important phone call for the helicoper to get me out of there. Harescrambles I thank you for finding us a place to ride and helping the guys find their way back to camp that day and helping as much as you could. After the accident Redrider and Moskito helped get my stuff back here to Tennessee. I'm not real sure who else was there that day but without ALL of your help things could have been much worse for me than they were.

Even though I doubt the emergeny crews that worked the "scene" visit this site, I want to thank them as well. The ambulance crew, and the flight crew did an awesome job taking care of me.

So to everyone that is part of my "Internet family" the world is definately a better place with a group of people like you around.

Chris Groff
AKA PilotHawK

dhjunkie

• View Profile
Thank You
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 01:21:21 PM »
Time fly's.  It has been a year all ready?