Author Topic: LudeDude...Got my Clutch Today, Open Box and Look, What THe?  (Read 2386 times)

pilotdude

LudeDude...Got my Clutch Today, Open Box and Look, What THe?
« on: April 05, 2004, 06:24:30 PM »
Ok well I got my clutch today in a pretty beat up box, ok what ever, I was still excited about my clutch getting here. Then I take it out of the box, and look. Well the clutch faces have the usal dig, scratches and such that need to be taken out. But then the one clutch face looks like some one took some heavy grit sand paper to about a 2inch square box. LudeDude, you must have seen this before you sent it out. The scratches are not too deep, however they are there. Im am worried about it causing pre mature belt ware....... How can I fix these???I can say that these scratches are not shown in the pictures on ebay when I bid on this clutch. If they were I would have bought one some where else. I am very upset, this is not how professional business should be done, a clutch face should be nice and smooth, I have saw the other clutchs you sold, they certainly didnt look like mine. I will post pictures tomm, when I bring my camera home from work......

PD

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 06:27:01 PM »
Lude's posted that more than one of his buyers ended up with problem clutches.  I'd be more than happy to step up and help out.   Get pix posted of the problem - there's a good chance that I can put the clutch into the lathe and polish out the problem areas.  Not turn/remove metal, but polish it up so it's good as new.

pm me for more info, if you want.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 06:31:07 PM »
Here's the link to his post on the clutch issue:  http://www.hostsgpa.com/~plolps4/forum/viewtopic.php?t=349
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

pilotdude

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 07:01:21 PM »
Thanks Mosktio, I will post pictures tomm, so all can see what I am talking about, and what could be done.

PD

ludedude

• View Profile
Re: LudeDude...Got my Clutch Today, Open Box and Look, What
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 03:31:36 AM »
Quote from: "pilotdude"
Ok well I got my clutch today in a pretty beat up box, ok what ever, I was still excited about my clutch getting here. Then I take it out of the box, and look. Well the clutch faces have the usal dig, scratches and such that need to be taken out. But then the one clutch face looks like some one took some heavy grit sand paper to about a 2inch square box. LudeDude, you must have seen this before you sent it out. The scratches are not too deep, however they are there. Im am worried about it causing pre mature belt ware....... How can I fix these???I can say that these scratches are not shown in the pictures on ebay when I bid on this clutch. If they were I would have bought one some where else. I am very upset, this is not how professional business should be done, a clutch face should be nice and smooth, I have saw the other clutchs you sold, they certainly didnt look like mine. I will post pictures tomm, when I bring my camera home from work......

PD

Feel free to spend it back for a replacement or a refund. I did not check each one that I sent out, some were even packaged by my wife. I did not make the clutches, I was only a distributor in this. I'm sorry you're upset, that was not my intent, and that makes me upset, but not with you, with Power Bloc. I had a similiar area on mine, it rubbed out easy with a piece of scrotch brite pad....If you want a replacement, please post in the other thread. Thanks...we'll work this out, thanks again Moskito!

pilotdude

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 06:06:33 PM »
Here are the pictures. Im not sure if this is going to come out with a scoth brite pad. I think I will be needing a replacment clutch Lude.....PD

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 10:29:54 PM »
Moskito has graciously offered to fix your clutch, if you need a replacement, no problem.