Author Topic: Who was interested in the disc brake conversion?  (Read 6578 times)

ogopogo

Who was interested in the disc brake conversion?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 06:02:04 PM »
I would definatly want a set as well!!

UltimateBob

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 08:38:24 PM »
I'd be interested in a full bolt on replacement set, that will run with the stock tire set-up also. Can't wait to here how the progress goes on this project. :lol:

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 07:56:07 PM »
Any news on the kit by chance moskito?

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 11:39:57 PM »
Not yet.  I have my bearings and seals, a set of rotors and calipers to work with - but I've not had ANY time.

Been taking a cad/cam class the past couple days - learning a lot.  Should make the machining world much easier and happier. (:

Need to get heads out first, so I'm guessing disc conversion thing won't happen 'till later this summer/early fall (when I start having time again)
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2004, 12:57:35 PM »
I have to say, a lot of people have said you don't need disc brakes on the Pilot. And you don't NEED them, but I sure am loving mine! No adjusting, more braking power (just need to replace those old, weak, expanding, rubber lines now), and no braked fade when wet.....all in all a mod I'm glad I did.

I've run with the 4+2 rims as well as the 3.875+1.125 rims with this setup. I prefer the 3.875+1.125's they do handle a tad bit better I think. Plus I got them in the ultimate .190's with outterbeadlock. The inner edge is much thicker and stronger than the regular .190 rim. You can't get the 3.875+1.125 offset in the 4/110 bolt pattern from Douglas. That's why I like the fact that my setup uses the 250R hubs, discs and calipers. There is a much wider selection of rims for the 4/144 bolt pattern than there is for out pilots (4/110).

I've been able to make my rear pads last longer with the increased braking capability of the front disc brakes....another plus. The front brakes are always "there" through the whole day/weekend, meaning I can go easier on my rear pads. I find the rear pads wear out incredibly fast.

When Moskito makes the kits, you will be please by having discs up front. I think I will make a couple more sets for the other 2 pilots here, as I do most of the maintenance, it means less work for me in the end ;)

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2005, 11:06:26 PM »
this should be linked to this thread to continue on....

http://nsconnect.ca/ch211rc2/viewtopic.php?t=809