Author Topic: Pilot Engine rebuild  (Read 10997 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Pilot Engine rebuild
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2004, 06:17:18 PM »
OK this is weird...I knew I saw what I saw last night...but balmed it on night shift...

I just checked out the online manual...and it says 0.001" to 0.026" service LIMIT of 0.030"

http://www.45thparallel.net/manuals/pilot.pdf scroll to page 97

MY manual says 0.016 - 0.031 service at 0.037"

So be careful....is that an old version or so??

PJ ENGINEERING (PROX)

Pilot Engine rebuild
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2004, 06:40:04 PM »
No way is it that less than 0.015 you will have problems Trust me i know

I have sent you a Email with the photos i have so far of the 500 convershion.

By the way Hi Hoser how Are You?

Crank alignment tips now that would be hard for me to teach you over the internet, Would love to come and SHOW you :cry: maybe one day very soon as i am getting very pissed of of our UK Laws :roll: :roll:

ludedude

• View Profile
Pilot Engine rebuild
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2004, 06:42:42 PM »
Oh I'm not saying I don't trust you at all...I'm just wondering what's up witth the info in the online manual.

Gonna go CHECK for pics now :lol: :D

ludedude

• View Profile
Pilot Engine rebuild
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2004, 11:24:37 AM »
Well it's together :)

Up until 11:00 pm last night. Had to remove the PCP head...was shaved TOO much..190lbs...spells destruction on pump fuel, as I had specified. I wanted 160-165....First the crank pin is not inserted properly, and then the head's not what I asked for! :twisted:

PCP's not in my good books right now...I will of course give Don the chance to make things right, what that is I leave up to him and judge him on the end result. I had forgotten about Big Tom's cranks being damaged due to poor shipping....would I have sent those to Don if I remembered....???

Anyhow, wne with Rick's head (MacDizzy), it too went to Bore-Tech for coating...and came in at 150psi, on the bench...

I started it a couple times, a couple heat cycles...have to re-check it again today before heading out.

Got the new Torque Pipe and silencer installed, and new clutch and am using one for Marv's tuff belts. The hour meter is reset on the Digatron ....so I can track how long this one lasts.

The old HRD clutch was in poor shape...the cover was cracked under the washer, just like more and more others it seems.....the clutch faces were REALLY worn....have to take some pictures of it at a later date with a straight edge on it.

Had to remove the engine last night as the starter was not working...it would spin but not engage...though I may have assembled wrong...no way ;) It was spinning backwards! :o :o
It was a spare I had bought used...and never used until now...

So both clutches had to come off, and swap starters...presto, works! THe bad starter is quite worn inside and does not turn freely, the cup is worn so that the spool rubs the magnets and drags...not sure why it's spinning backwards....spool out of position so much that the poles are versed FROM the brushes??

Anyhow...Ted's due in a few hours....gotta go feed the girls...then get reday for break-in :) YeeHa

PJ ENGINEERING (PROX)

Pilot Engine rebuild
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2004, 11:51:42 AM »
:D :D :D very good Got there in the End