Author Topic: Great top end pictures in Pilotsniper's Gallery  (Read 2025 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Great top end pictures in Pilotsniper's Gallery
« on: January 14, 2004, 09:36:48 PM »
Vic took a bunch of nice pictures during his rebuild. They're in his gallery on the POG site.

http://www.45thparallel.net/coppermine_dir/thumbnails.php?album=9

Thanks Vic, nice clear shots :wink:

SumN4Dan

Head gasket
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 08:08:44 PM »
That head gasket - what is it? It is not stock, I know. But did he take the flimsy layers of the gasket off or what? Also, if I already have a milled head will "thinning the head gasket to increase compression be safe, or will it mess with it, in relation to squish, and how much of a higher octane will I require based on the "thinning" of the head gasket. I'm currently running 95-100 octane with the milled head. Thanks in advance.

PilotSniper

• View Profile
Re: Head gasket
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 05:58:56 PM »
Quote from: "SumN4Dan"
That head gasket - what is it? It is not stock, I know. But did he take the flimsy layers of the gasket off or what? Also, if I already have a milled head will "thinning the head gasket to increase compression be safe, or will it mess with it, in relation to squish, and how much of a higher octane will I require based on the "thinning" of the head gasket. I'm currently running 95-100 octane with the milled head. Thanks in advance.

The head gasket is the stock one. It is not modified in any way. I remember reading someone's post regarding a gasket spray sealant that helps to prevent leaks. I found some "Copper Spray" gasket sealant in a spray can at the local auto parts store. It's real sticky stuff! I didn't have any leaks, so I guess I was either not going to have one or the stuff really works. I figured a little insurance wouldn't hurt, so I used it anyways. As for the other questions, you're going to have to CHECK with the guru's for an answer with some experience behind it (Moskito? Hoser?). My input to you would be pure speculation and that won't help you any when dealing with something like what you're asking.

Good luck to you!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock: