Author Topic: Pilot in pieces?  (Read 2271 times)

Bspill1

Pilot in pieces?
« on: December 15, 2003, 01:15:01 AM »
Has anybody seen this pilot on eBay? It is in pieces. What do you guys think of this one? what kind of labor am I looking at? Time? Difficulty? The frame has got a dent upfront. Is it possible the whole frame is twisted?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6724&item=2448015749

Drakman

Pilot in pieces?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 10:30:46 AM »
Yes, I saw it. Looks like a good "kit" for someone with a lot of fabricating skills and a lot of experience in Pilots. If you're wanting something you can just put together FROM a pile of parts and a set of instructions, this isn't it. This is the kind of project that would be piece of cake for Moskito or someone like him who has the expertise and equipment for the job. If you're looking for something that an average guy could do in his garage, I would think you would be better off with a good complete machine that you could gradually upgrade as you enjoyed riding it.

ludedude

• View Profile
Pilot in pieces?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 05:24:48 PM »
Weird..I can't search and find that auction.....I can see it if I click on the link provided, but my pilot search does not find it...even a plain old search for honda pilot and it does not SHOW up....can anyone else search and find it? :?: :?: :roll:

dhjunkie

• View Profile
Pilot in pieces?
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 01:22:56 PM »
Hey Brian, If you decide to purchace this pilot I will assemble it and deliver it to you. Let me know what comes of it.
Scott

ludedude

• View Profile
Pilot in pieces?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 03:29:18 PM »
gonna drive it out? :lol: :lol:

It's sold :x off ebay

ogopogo

Pilot in pieces?
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 01:44:34 PM »
a friend of mine in nevada bought it,he is going to sell the rotax motor and put a pilot motor back INTO it!

Bspill1

Pilot in pieces?
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 04:55:33 PM »
I had planned to do the same.