So, I couldnt figure out how to embed images, and my images were too big for the uploader here, so i had to PhotoBucket them. http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n93/dangumjessum/Odyssey/
Just click this link and check out all the pictures.
The peice of paper is my crude drawing of an attempt at measuring sections when i dont really see any 'sections'. Instead it looks to me like the two sides of the main expansion body were made, (left side and right side) and then welded together on the top (when mounted in 350) and bottom with a continous lengthwise seam on the top and bottom only, with no horixontal seams in the main expansion body. Starting at the motor spigot, i will indicate measured lengths in case you can't read my diagram
1. from spigot, around curve, to the end of first piece
or section of the pipe,were it spring attaches to main section. outside 7" inside 5"
2. from beginning of second 'section' around curve to horizontal weld before expansion area 12" outside curve 8.5" inside curve. Pipe is 9.5" AROUND entering expansion area
3. from weld at beginning of expansion area to sharp bend to-flat when pipe gets above motor. 11.5" frontside, 11" inside/underside
4. 14.5" AROUND at sharp bend-to-flat, this is widest area of expansion chamber
5. from main bend to end of pipe/silencer nipple 15.5" on top, 15" on underside of bend to silencer nipple.
6. about 4" around at silencer nipple, fits stock silencer, though i am running a 'champion'style silencer w/fresh packing.
The main thing i am wondering is if this will HURT my fresh motor in any way. What i am hoping for is that i got lucky and it is a NICE chamber that is actually similiar to the DG or other acceptable/beneficial pipes. I will be doing another couple break-in sessions under half throttle tomorrow, friday, so let me know what you think of the Pipe. There is a Coffmans pipe and silencer on Ebay right now that seems to have IDENTICAL mounts, but the curve coming right out of the spigot @ motor seems way less pronounced than my chamber's curve (curve left if looking at front of motor w/seat out). Also looks a little 'blockier' with easier to identify 'sections' than mine, but kinda looks like it has only two main seams/welds like mine.