Author Topic: DG exhaust doesn't fit  (Read 3287 times)

yobnhojmi

• View Profile
DG exhaust doesn't fit
« on: September 20, 2008, 04:15:32 PM »
I bought a new DG exhaust kit, and it doesn't fit.  The pipe is about 3 inches wider at the base, past the first 90 deg turn.  The pipe is so wide it hits the frame.  Does anyone know if there was a big difference in the engine case between the 350 and 250?  Is it possible that i have a 250 case and a 350 cylinder?  It's possible the guy sent me the wrong pipe, but i really don't want to buy another to find out and have 2 laying around.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: DG exhaust doesn't fit
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 06:05:59 PM »
You can't directly bolt it to the rubber mounts with them in their original position. Remove the mounts from the frame, position the pipe, then position the mounts to the pipe.

yobnhojmi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 06:35:47 PM »
The pipe actually hits the frame.  I just found a schematic for the 250 and 350.  The pipe that came off is definitely for a 350.  It's probably easier to picture explained like this... with the seat removed, looking at the exhaust port on the motor itself, the pipe bends to the right and hits the frame.  DG's as you know come in 3 parts.  The 90 degree elbow that comes off the motor ends about 2 inches from the frame on the right.  no room for the pipe itself.  I haven't even got to the part where i'm worrying about the mounts yet.

yobnhojmi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 06:53:13 PM »
Oh, and on a side note... can the clutch be pulled and replaced without pulling the motor.  Doesn't look like a lot of clearance between the clutch and frame.

yobnhojmi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 05:51:58 PM »
It was the wrong pipe.  Ordered one from Aftershock, worked perfect. ???

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 02:56:24 PM »
The clutch can be pulled in the frame. With the 102C, you have to rotate the clutch so one of the flat sides is aligned with the frame. All need the be tilted as they are slid off the crank.