Author Topic: jetting  (Read 2463 times)

garv

• View Profile
jetting
« on: August 19, 2008, 08:17:37 PM »
does anyone know what my jetting should be. stock carb, dg extreme pipe, 102 comet, stock air box. even before the pipe the thing just didnt run right with the air box on. now at mid to wot it boggs.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: jetting
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 06:08:26 PM »
Change the pilot/slow jet from the stock 52 to a 45. Removing the air box lid compensated, but then you were probably lean at WOT. The excess fuel from being rich at idle will take a little while to burn off then the piston would be next. With the idle to 1/4 cleaned up, it will come off idle very crisp. After that do a plug chop and you will probably find you are borderline on the main. If you do the air box mod you asked about in the other thread, you'll probably want to be 2-3 sizes up (148-150) on the main and raise the needle (lower the clip) one position.

garv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 12:05:57 PM »
did the jetting like you said . runs, starts, idles good. still cant tell if its shifting right or not. with the stock 94 you could hear and feel shift. is that the way the 102 is set up. i read somewhere about fluid for the clutch that is on the tranny. is that the yellow cap on the back of the tranny or is there somewhere else that may need fluid. how full should the tranny be with fluid. it doesnt have a dipstick. maybe its just low. if it it what kind of fluid do you recommend. thanks

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 11:17:29 PM »
Sorry, missed this post somehow. 10w30 for the trans. There is a site screw on it. You remove that and add fluid until it comes out the screw.

Feel and sound are hard things to interpret in type. I don't think I feel the clutch shift since it is continually adjusting. If the stock clutch is worn quite a bit, you might feel the belt moving in jumps across grooves worn in the faces.