Author Topic: Carb Issue  (Read 3917 times)

JnyQst

• View Profile
Carb Issue
« on: September 24, 2017, 01:15:26 AM »
I have a FL350. It has power in lower throttle but just above half throttle to full it bogs down. I know the main jet is what supplies fuel from about half throttle to full throttle. I took out the jet to check what size it was thinking maybe it was running rich. I noticed some junk in there so I cleaned it out & ended up taking the carb apart & spraying every orifice that I could see with carb cleaner. Took the pilot jet out & cleaned it. Put it all back together & still have the same issue. What am I missing?
It used to run good but sat for a couple of years. I'm trying to sell the thing but no one will want it with this issue & I can't blame them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JQ

JnyQst

• View Profile
Re: Carb Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 04:18:17 PM »
Update:
Found a shop manual online. Made adjustments to the carb for high altitude running. Took it out for a test run. For a second it was its old self but fell back into its issue. No power at full throttle. Drove it back home to make some more adjustments & discovered that the Air Mixture Screw had fallen out of the carb. I believe I forgot to put the spring back in with the screw when I cleaned the carb. Couldn't find it. Thought I could get a replacement. Nope! Honda discontinued it. Looked online but no one has it. Even tried looking for a rebuild kit to the carb. Nothing. Have called every place I know of in town. Nothing!
Anybody know anyone who might have the Air Mixture Screw & Spring? I really don't want to buy a replacement carb for this. I'm trying to sell it.
Thanks,
JQ

KristinLamb

• View Profile
Re: Carb Issue
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 03:15:47 AM »
In my point,Regular inspection of carburetor components is suggested. Usually seek advice from your proprietor's guide for particular Carburetor tuning and recommendations. Take a look at idle and fundamental mixture adjustment screws and O-jewelry for cracks and damage. Easy carburetor after disposing of all non-metal parts which might be serviceable. https://virginessays.com/