Author Topic: Honda fl350 starting problem  (Read 840 times)

Deancompton1

• View Profile
Honda fl350 starting problem
« on: September 29, 2020, 05:00:08 AM »
Hi there, I’ve been having trouble trying to get my odyssey to fire I bought it pulled apart and has been rebuilt and put back together now, it has plenty or compression and I put a new mikuni carb on it. I am getting fuel to the carb and seems like I have heaps of spark when checking but still won’t run ? Not even a little fire ! Could the plug be sparking at the wrong time ? Any input would be appreciated thanks !

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: Honda fl350 starting problem
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 11:08:13 AM »
Are you using the electric start or the pull start? If using the electric, try with the pull starter. If checking spark with electric start, do not remove plug, use another spark plug to check.

Deancompton1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 05:44:31 PM »
I was trying with the starter, it is very hard to pull with the amount of compression it has, is that normal ?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 08:09:15 PM »
It is a lot harder to pull over than a lawn mower or power washer.

You can try checking spark with a plug in the head and another in the boot. If the spark is weaker than when there is no plug in the head, then your starter is going bad. You can search for posts about the oil level in the counter balancer. It should be at the low mark on the dip stick. If it was ever over filled, the extra oil is now in your starter.