Author Topic: Fuel pump exploded view diagram and how do you wire a 2 wire led headlight  (Read 1416 times)

Hawksd1

• View Profile
I can’t get my 85fl350r to pump fuel through the pump and I’m trying to wire in a pair of 2 wire (red and black) into the stock 3 wire (blue white and green) wiring can’t get nothing done and my mind is locked up lol. Help please

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
There is a picture of the pieces in the stock pump here:
http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_43&products_id=282
The solid clear/white layer is the diaphragm. The two gaskets with round holes go on either side of that against the plate which connects to the crank case. The pulse from the crank cases moves the diaphragm back and forth. The other clear/white piece has the four flaps. They act as check valves, 2 in, 2 out. The other two gaskets go on either side of that. The springs fit in pockets in the plate that has the inlet and outlet of the pump on it, then check valve gasket, check valve membrane, check valve gasket,  diaphragm gasket, diaphragm, diaphragm gasket, pulse fitting plate.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B851Fdu_42hLdnRFSU10Y2FSb3V0NThNVVhfc094Zw/view Wiring diagram is on 17-6. Green is ground so can use white or blue for power. If you want your lights on with brights vs dims, just try which one provides power. Don't exceed the power of the stock bulbs 25w I think off hand. You should be able to get some pretty bright lights with leds under 25w.

Hawksd1

• View Profile
Thank you so much. I’m in the middle of a nasty divorce right now and my brain just won’t focus on the simple chit. Sorry for what might be a repetitive question!  I’ll try the wiring out today. My fuel pump must be bad then I’ve re installed numerous times insuring that I had all those gaskets and diaphragms in the way it made sense it still won’t pump fuel from the tank. And there’s definitely vacuum pulse coming from the crank case to the pump. Any great ideas or just suck it up and buy the rebuild kit or a whole new pump if I can find one??

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sorry, missed that there was a reply. I use the Mikuni clone pumps. If you call Ruby at Aftershock, I think she has one on hand. Aftershock is looking to shut down retail sales, but there is still some inventory left.

http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_43&products_id=352

Also note that if your compression is lower than about 125, the pump won't work. That much of a drop in compression means the rings are leaking. That reduces the pulse to the pump.

Hawksd1

• View Profile
Thanks

Hawksd1

• View Profile
So update,  I’ve discovered that tank is rusty as hell and creating all my run issues. I did the apple cider vinegar and baking soda clean out hack it did well but I’m still plugging fuel filters every 3-4 rides (20 minutes or so). I really don’t want to yank the damn tank but probably will have to if it doesn’t clean out in the next couple filters.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You could pull the drain plug and drain out the fuel through maybe a coffee filter, then put back in. It might save you a couple filters.