Author Topic: Newbie with FL350  (Read 2417 times)

MikeW1573

• View Profile
Newbie with FL350
« on: November 29, 2016, 12:18:43 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I just picked up a FL350 that needs a complete overhaul, it was sitting outside under a tarp for several years. There aren't too many in my area and this one was complete and the price was right. I started the tear down last Friday and I am making a list of things I need. My first issue as I am sure there will be many is there front suspension. The J arms seem to be in good shape however the bushings and ball joints are shot, even through hours of searching I cannot locate ball joints for this machine. I have read and have seen A Arm conversion kits, the Farr Offroad kit and the Aftershock, the aftershock is currently sold out per their website and I cannot get a hold of the gentleman from Farr Offroad.

I did use the search button and although many members seem to discuss the A Arm conversion, I couldn't really find any completed setups. Is anyone willing to share their plans? I know steering is the big issue but I found the TRX450R parts to be accessible online.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

slaytanic

• View Profile
Re: Newbie with FL350
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 02:43:34 AM »
Like wise :o i was more along the lines of grinding boring an slipping in a 30mm ball joint with circlip !think it was trx about 30$each