Author Topic: mossbarger liquid cooled cylinder and head jetting  (Read 2846 times)

fl250blues

• View Profile
mossbarger liquid cooled cylinder and head jetting
« on: August 01, 2016, 11:39:39 PM »
 :-\
I recently installed a mossbarger water cooled top end on my fl 250 ody. New reeds, bored 71mm, 200lbs compression in 4 pulls! I am running vp110 race gas with klotz oil mixed 32:1. It's a keihin 38mm round slide carb with main jet removed and a dial a jet installed also. My question here is why is the exhaust temp going sky high? I tried different exhaust systems with no improvements. Tried different needle settings, several main jet size changes(no main jet installed working best so far, but still too hot) Do I need to go with a smaller carb??? Had a cr jug on it before which was very heavily ported and would run 9300 rpms at bout 1250 exhaust temp with a 190 main. Aprox 62 mph. Scored a piston and stuck the rings. Found the mossbarger set up while looking for replacement reeds. Please help.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: mossbarger liquid cooled cylinder and head jetting
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 08:23:16 AM »
Have you checked for air leaks? 1250 doesn't sound bad. Possibly the problem was just head temp, not EGT and may be solved by the head.

fl250blues

• View Profile
Re: mossbarger liquid cooled cylinder and head jetting
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 01:49:21 PM »
Turns out, my egt probe wires were broken. Exhaust was running about 1000 until the secondary self destructed. It's been a while but I think I have a 170 main in it now. Got a different pulley on it last night n mit get some time to finish it tonight.