Author Topic: Fuel leak  (Read 1785 times)

Muscrat

• View Profile
Fuel leak
« on: March 22, 2016, 10:51:37 PM »
So heres where im at, Ive been tinkering with my ody, but all cosmetics  i just havent had a chance to get to the mechanical stuff,

How ever i do notice when i start it and let it run for about 15 minutes, and shut it down i get a abnormal amount of fuel dropping out of the bottom and it will drip for hours on end, its not a "leak" rather a drip. but a noticeable smell. that being said i do live in canada and i know often in winters we will get minor oil drips from our vehicles just from gaskets skrinking before the bolts, could it be something like this and ive already checked out the fuel over flow line and its not coming from there.

any idea's?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: Fuel leak
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 10:28:10 AM »
The inlet valve in the carb is meant to meter, not really stop flow. When you run the machine, the lines to the carb fill with fuel. That fuel will leak out when it sits. It may help to turn off valve on tank.

Muscrat

• View Profile
Re: Fuel leak
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 02:04:07 PM »
Thanks ill give that a try, i was fiddling around with it yesterday and it did it again with a vengance, im guessing damn near a quart is now on my garage floor, Good think i love the smell of two stroke gas, its now permanently instilled in my Cadillac's interior.