Author Topic: Any trick to getting gas?  (Read 3039 times)

Mudfun

• View Profile
Any trick to getting gas?
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:46:58 PM »
Finished the refurbishment, finally. Had an issue with the spark, but new points and more time spent adjusting timing fixed that. My problem is now I'm not getting gas through the system. Since everything is new, new fuel valve, new pump, hoses, the tee, and the carb was rebuild by a pro shop, I know its gonna take som vacuum, either my getting it to turn over, or by me pulling the starter for a while to get the gas through.
Thing is, I pulled that sucker hundreds of times, and all I got so far is fuel to the filter ( about 1 inch from the valve), and I dont have ANY on the next section going up to the pump.
Is there something I'm missing, or is it just me having to endure the pulling some more?

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
Re: Any trick to getting gas?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 06:20:08 PM »
You could try pulling the spark plug and pouring a bit of pre mix into the combustion chamber. If things are OK, this will run the engine enough to pull fuel through the system.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

flynryan87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 06:37:28 PM »
you should see gas flowing just by pulling the cord that's if you have a clear gas line

Marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 12:22:41 AM »
First, Disconnect the Carb inlet hose from the Tee. Pressurize the gas tank by blowing air into until you see fuel from the output Tee to carb. This will mean fuel has gone thru fuel valve, fuel filter, fuel pump, Tee and any hoses. Now pull starter rapidly several times and you should see spurts of fuel. If this doesn't work, I'd check for good fuel pump or good pressure from vacuum line to fuel pump.