Author Topic: Got my eyes on 2 FL 350's  (Read 3494 times)

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Got my eyes on 2 FL 350's
« on: July 20, 2014, 11:51:41 AM »
I have been getting horny to do some buggy stuff and came across a guy with 2 Ody's that he is going to part with. One is together and looks pretty solid...minus the two front fenders being cracked...and the starter not working correctly. The other is torn all the way down to a pile of parts and chassis...but has TONS of reconditioned stuff that all looks MINT coming with the purchase.

Steve...I noticed you have "sold out" of the rear fenders. May be looking for a complete set in white. When are you going to re-stock?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: Got my eyes on 2 FL 350's
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 09:53:59 PM »
Within a couple weeks

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 03:12:26 PM »
Thanks man...will be looking to put a body on one or both of these machines. How well do the aftermarket fenders fit?

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »
Ok so got these 350's and both have updated 329 engines. I have done compression tests...and both are right around 110-115 psi. The engine in the chassis has a starter issue...and a lot of oil seepage around the base gasket. Really just planning on pulling it out and having it aside. So I went and tore down the engine I have that was already removed. THIS THING MEASURES 78.5 !!! ART stock piston...I was floored.

The piston is really worn...and probably will need at least a 79mm. Honda actually still lists a 78.75...but NO rings. Is there ANY chance that someone will have a 13013-VM0-681 rings and a 13103-VM0-315 piston stashed in their closet somewhere? I would hate to skip right over the 2 stock oversizes and bore to 80 AND put a Wiseco in it. I know it will be impossible after I get out of the 79mm range but the stock cast piston would be awesome to find.

For now the crankshaft looks to be in very good usable shape...and probably will NOT split the bottom cases unless I find a line of rust near the main bearings. I will be changing the crank seals to insure this thing wont leak down and pop out in the middle of a long ride.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 12:08:15 PM »
If you can still get Pilot rings, you could file then ends down and end up with a little more ring tension. You also have to file the indents that go overs the pins.