Author Topic: Need a bushing  (Read 11278 times)

KTM265

• View Profile
Need a bushing
« on: March 20, 2013, 04:59:17 AM »
Need a bushing on my 400R...left rear trailing arm where it bolts up to the frame.  Anyone have a lead on where to find a replacement?
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need a bushing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:55:44 AM »
Tried for some time to find something that would fit in the stock arm but had no luck at all...I finally gave up and went to heims...
Hoodlum

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »
You mean these?

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 04:29:20 PM »
Need a bushing on my 400R...left rear trailing arm where it bolts up to the frame.  Anyone have a lead on where to find a replacement?

Can't you just wrap it with duct tape?  :) (referring to your signature!)
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 05:38:13 PM »
I realized after you probably mean the straight links. This is what I use. http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/Honda-FL400R-Pilot/Suspension/Adjustable-Rear-Suspension-Lateral-Link

I don't have a picture handy. I tried searching for a picture I thought odypilots posted on here of them mounted on his, but couldn't find it.

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 07:44:56 PM »
That pic's on my site. Here it is.

The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 11:51:52 PM »
Nope...not that link.... This is the one that goes along the frame...run length wise....
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 12:00:25 AM »
OK, let me rephrase for the correct name....it's the bushings for the rear lower control arms...

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »
As far as I know, Honda required you to replace the entire link. The link that odypilots posted a picture of is the same one we use for the forward link with different spacers and adjusted to the slightly different length.

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 07:15:34 PM »
What is that bushing kit you have put picture up above???

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »
They are for the front A-arms, but they should also fit the rear A-arm.

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 08:26:07 PM »
How much for a set of them???

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 07:45:40 PM »
Thank you... I'll be ordering one up Wed...get it ready to go.   ;)

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 08:12:11 AM »
I hope I am mistaken thinking you may be mistaken, but you are aware these do not fit the lower links you were referring too? Only for the upper a-arm on the rear....If your upper a-arm and front a-arms are in need uf bushings, I think I would rather use these than delrin or urethane bushings...If they last as long as stock, they will far outlast delrin....
Hoodlum