Author Topic: Anyone have a pic of a FL350R steering wheel?  (Read 2246 times)

SomeGuyFromCali

• View Profile
Anyone have a pic of a FL350R steering wheel?
« on: January 31, 2013, 12:14:39 PM »
So it looks like the previous owner of my FL350R was pretty hard on the steering wheel and just like the ignition switch they have it all jerry rigged using plastic zip ties and I THINK the brakes handles are mounted upside down because the steering wheel is missing the spots where they normally mount at.

I am downloading the manual but was hoping someone had some color pictures I could look at of their steering wheel? (Particularly the places where the brakes are mounted.)

I might have to just buy a whole steering wheel if I can't fabricate something to replace the broken pieces I think are missing where the brake handles are supposed to be mounted.
There is no way I am driving this thing the way it is now with the zip ties holding the brakes reservoirs on.

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket steering wheels out there for the FL350R?

SomeGuyFromCali

• View Profile
Re: Anyone have a pic of a FL350R steering wheel?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:19:21 PM »
After inspecting the manual I see I am missing the original levels and some genius and instead mounted motorcycle master cylinders and levers to the steering wheel. It's funky as all hell and I want it gone especially since the windows are all cracked anyhow.

I pulled my steering wheel cover off and I see the cables are all there, I am just missing the levers and of the master cylinder itself which were apparently mounded to the steering column originally?

Now I am on the hunt for a used master cylinder or a generic cable activated master cylinder that I could at least use with the stock levers.

SomeGuyFromCali

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:47:40 PM »
Ebay search came up dry so it looks like finding an OEM Honda Master Cylinder might prove difficult.

I might have to get creative here and use one off a different bike and built a cable activated mechanism for the stock lever to tie in with...  :-\

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:46:05 PM »
Looks like he put on pilot levers and resevoirs....The 350 is supposed to have a resevoir down lower on the steering stem....The pilot has a resevoir for the front and rear mounted on the wheel itself....The only way I could ever see this work would be to put a pilot yoke on it....

SomeGuyFromCali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:02:19 PM »
Thank you for the tip, I really appreciate it. These might be for sale soon as I found the missing levers on ebay and have them on order so I won't need the pilot ones then. They seem fine except for the window on one of the reservoirs is cracked.

I am still trying to find a used master cylinder. I might just have to watch ebay like a hawk for awhile and see what pops up.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »
I have a rebuilt used master cylinder with the levers and cap: $300 plus shipping.

SomeGuyFromCali

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 09:36:57 PM »
I have a rebuilt used master cylinder with the levers and cap: $300 plus shipping.

Thanks I appreciate the offer but I was able to find another used setup and have already paid for it but again thank you very much for responding.