Author Topic: extended a-arms  (Read 1763 times)

dan

• View Profile
extended a-arms
« on: September 18, 2012, 02:22:55 PM »
Hi

Im looking to purchase a set of extended a-arms for a pilot? Seen the set by Tom but there is a wait of at least 3 months so was wondering if anyone had a spare set they are willing to part with?

Cheers
Dan

P.S im in the UK so need to be shipped there.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: extended a-arms
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 02:31:04 PM »
Sorry,can't help you there...If the arms from "Tom" you referred too are the "Yoda" arms,I would think long and hard unless you are going to come up with some sort of bumpsteer steering system...Adding 2" to the tie rods will make the bumpsteer excessive...If you read up on them,you will notice that everyone seems to have a problem getting the toe set correctly...The reason is that it is different every time they look at it,because it changes so much through the suspension cycle....I would also suggest +4 instead of +2....That puts the front the same width as the rear....The wider you make the front,the less push you will have when turning...
Hoodlum

dan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 02:38:46 PM »
Thanks for your input and yes i was talking about "yoda" arms, i didnt think anybody else made them? My ball joints have seen there last days on my standard arms so was looking for replacements.

Cheers
Dan

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 05:53:24 PM »
There are other options pending how much fabrication you're able to do... I had my front clip completely rebuilt and we used the front suspension from a Kaw KFX700 and Elks shocks...Works great for me, but again I had the entire front clip redesigned...
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 09:32:22 AM »
Thanks for the help, managed to get a set in the UK.

Dan