Author Topic: Safety features .....  (Read 1680 times)

SniperMan

• View Profile
Safety features .....
« on: June 02, 2012, 04:35:33 PM »
My FL 350 is as stock as it could be. (for now)
I'm gona put some harness shoulder pads in it but i was wandering if i should add to that a neck brace ??? would that be overkill ??
Considering that i'm not gona do any kind of race with that thing.
Just some regular trail riding and sand pit fun.

How about those arms restraining straps, are they really important ?? Because my FL350 does'nt have them intall as well.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Safety features .....
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 06:13:50 PM »
Yes to both!!! If nothing else,the neck brace helps support the extra weight of your helmet....It makes a big difference wether you crash or not....Don't get the type that fastens to the shoulder belts,but get a neck doughnut....Much more comfortable and easier to deal with...
Get some wrist restraints asap....When you roll,the first human instinct a person has is to stick their arm out like they think they can stop the roll,and snap.....Broken arm......Also,if you do flip it,even if you don't stick your arm out,there's a good chance the impact will knock your hands from the wheel,and they will be flopping around hitting everything within reach...
Hoodlum

SniperMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 08:45:44 PM »
all right tks Hoodlum, you really convince me.
I saw on the site of Aftershock Motorsports that they have both in stock so i will order very soon one of each.

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 09:56:38 PM »
I agree with them... I don't use the wrist straps, but I have a full body on my Pilot...Also look at replacing your seat belts, if they are stock, they are 20 plus years old...
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

SniperMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 12:03:56 PM »
I agree with them... I don't use the wrist straps, but I have a full body on my Pilot...Also look at replacing your seat belts, if they are stock, they are 20 plus years old...
Yes sir, 5 points seat belts are also on the to do list.